CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Question about BA9 5LED's and load equilizers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 09:47 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Question about BA9 5LED's and load equilizers

Just got some LED's and load equilizers from Superlumination. Install went fine, just had a couple questions.....

1. Will installing the load equilizers disable the lamp out message for good? Meaning, if the bulb does burn out one day, will I get an error message?

2. I just got the BA9 5LED's that Midget Finger recommended. I got the "super white", which is what he got. His bulbs seem blue, mine are white. Real white. The problem is, they are not very bright at all. Is this the design of the bulb? Or did I get defective bulbs? The stock halogens were A LOT brighter than these.

Many thanks...
Old 09-22-2005, 10:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Tesla Model S
LED's are going to be a little dimmer than the incandescent bulbs because LED's are directional. The equalizers should take care of the problem. I have a pair I have yet to install cause I'm trying to figure out how/where to mount them.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E550 Coupe
aw man, lucky! you got actual white ones! i'm not sure about the lamp out...maybe take out one of the bulbs and see what it says? did you get the 15-25ohm resistor? yeah, they're not very bright compared to the halogen...they look a lot better though
Old 09-23-2005, 02:38 PM

Yeah, they are white and I got the 15-25 ohm resistors. Everything worked out great except for the fact that they are so dim. They look really cool when you have the city lights on with out the headlights, but you can't really see them with the HID's on. Oh well, I guess it's better than the amber stock bulbs.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W208
TresX were did you install the load equilizers? Any pics?
Thanks

Last edited by Co 55 AMG; 09-27-2005 at 10:11 PM. Reason: yes
Old 09-27-2005, 10:36 PM

I drilled 2 holes in the cover protecting the housing. I ran both wires through an pulled until the Load Eq.'s were pretty much flat against the cover. The ends that connect the wires to the LE are not too easy to bend, but with a little force they will. The LE will get hot during operation, but it isn't touching anything! Only the wires are actually touching the cover, and the since the connectors are so thick/hard you can't get the LE to sit flush or even touch the cover at all (not that you want it to). Once you've done that, just clip the blue clips on the end of the wires and tap into the appropriate wires. I'll take a pic of when I get a chance. It doesn't sound pretty, but it looks pretty clean to me. Just remember to make the holes almost the same size as the wiring. That way, the connectors will catch in the hole when you pull the wires all the way through. This way they don't move, ever.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
W208
Thanks man. Post a pic when you can.