CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK Picture Thread (A Must Look!)

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 4.97 average.

Old 08-24-2003, 09:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2006 E350
Sorry couldn't help it, here's one more...

Old 08-24-2003, 09:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volvo V90 CC
How did you smoke your tail lights??
Old 08-24-2003, 10:01 PM

2006 E350
I sprayed them with this Euro taillight spray.
Old 08-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

Volvo V90 CC
Originally posted by ELENI
I sprayed them with this Euro taillight spray.
Nice job
Old 08-24-2003, 10:05 PM

2006 E350
Thanks. One more thing to do before I am completely satisfied...

My lorinser roof spoiler and then I'll be happy
Old 08-24-2003, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
just like my car used to look.......
Old 08-25-2003, 09:30 AM

2006 E350
Originally posted by Petie
just like my car used to look.......
USED TO LOOK ??? How does it look now? Did you get your CLK55 ? That car is soooo hot.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
USED TO LOOK ??? How does it look now? Did you get your CLK55 ? That car is soooo hot.
I had 18" chrome monoblocks on my CLK for 4 months or so before i got my carlssons. never got the CLK55, thats a long story yall will hear all about when i can talk about it. Right now, i have to wait a few months for everything to be straightened out, and at this point it looks like my brother is going to get a 2002 CLK55 Designo (whatever it is, the black with saddle colored designo leather and wood), and since we can easily swap cars for a day or a period of time, im looking at getting a 2001-2002 Porsche C2 with the aero kit. honestly, my family has long been a mercedes family (12 different ones in my lifetime of 19 years) because of their looks and feel and power, but largely do to their dependability. i love my CLK, havent had any major problems with it, you guys can argue all you want with me, but the fact stands that since mercedes started building cars to a price tag, they just arent what they used to be. my car goes in to the stealership every couple months with something stupid wrong, their are creaks and squeaks and rattles everywhere. ive always loved porsches, and they really do build one hell of a dependable car. i dont think i could give up my mercedes completely for a porsche, i dont think there will ever be a day in my life where there isnt a benz at my house, but since my brother will have the CLK55 that i can drive when i really need the grace of a benz, and my parents still having 4 other mercedes, i think it would be fun to have a porsche for a little while. if i buy one low miles, someone else has already eaten the depreciation, so i can sell it for a good price when i need to come back to the benz.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
I had 18" chrome monoblocks on my CLK for 4 months or so before i got my carlssons. never got the CLK55, thats a long story yall will hear all about when i can talk about it. Right now, i have to wait a few months for everything to be straightened out, and at this point it looks like my brother is going to get a 2002 CLK55 Designo (whatever it is, the black with saddle colored designo leather and wood), and since we can easily swap cars for a day or a period of time, im looking at getting a 2001-2002 Porsche C2 with the aero kit.....
thats a good change... CLK55 & Porsche... you gotta love that C2 Aero package... so sweet... love that spoiler....

good luck with everything... still waiting to hear about that CLK55 story... but i'll be patient
Old 08-25-2003, 04:24 PM

2006 E350
I had 18" chrome monoblocks on my CLK for 4 months or so before i got my carlssons. never got the CLK55, thats a long story yall will hear all about when i can talk about it. Right now, i have to wait a few months for everything to be straightened out, and at this point it looks like my brother is going to get a 2002 CLK55 Designo (whatever it is, the black with saddle colored designo leather and wood), and since we can easily swap cars for a day or a period of time, im looking at getting a 2001-2002 Porsche C2 with the aero kit. honestly, my family has long been a mercedes family (12 different ones in my lifetime of 19 years) because of their looks and feel and power, but largely do to their dependability. i love my CLK, havent had any major problems with it, you guys can argue all you want with me, but the fact stands that since mercedes started building cars to a price tag, they just arent what they used to be. my car goes in to the stealership every couple months with something stupid wrong, their are creaks and squeaks and rattles everywhere. ive always loved porsches, and they really do build one hell of a dependable car. i dont think i could give up my mercedes completely for a porsche, i dont think there will ever be a day in my life where there isnt a benz at my house, but since my brother will have the CLK55 that i can drive when i really need the grace of a benz, and my parents still having 4 other mercedes, i think it would be fun to have a porsche for a little while. if i buy one low miles, someone else has already eaten the depreciation, so i can sell it for a good price when i need to come back to the benz.
Hey I don't blame you. I love my CLK but I don't love the little problems that come along with them. If I was able to buy a newer style Porsche I would. But, it's a little out of my price range and I still don't know how to drive stick :o
Old 08-25-2003, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

.....<snip>..... I still don't know how to drive stick :o
i feel ya...

i think the next time I take my car in for service, i'm gonna ask for a c230 coupe loaner with a manual tranny just to learn... of course I'll have someone go with me so the car will actually leave the service bay...
Old 08-25-2003, 07:18 PM

2001 CLK430
Thanks. One more thing to do before I am completely satisfied...

My lorinser roof spoiler and then I'll be happy
Oh, there is ALWAYS something else.......
Old 08-25-2003, 07:27 PM

2006 E350
Originally posted by CLK_Ivan
That is SO TRUE....
Old 08-25-2003, 09:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w211 & w124
Originally posted by CLK_Ivan
You sound like my wife.
Old 08-25-2003, 09:42 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
I thought u said C4? Btw, i know 1 person with a Boxster S and he has had nothing but problems with it, then it went on fire on the highway! Someone else i know has a Carrera C4S and its in the dealer weekly and its brand new. Someone else i know has a 700+ HP 911 Turbo but he is trouble free.

Btw, what other Mercedes does your family own? and are they also problem free or did u have problems with those 2?

I still find it hard to belive so many people have probmems with mercedes, i will consider my house hold lucky since we have owned 17 or more mercedes and never had any problems other than broken windows on the E classes and a broken fuel pump on the ML.

I would also be a little concerned about buying a 2001 carrera since there would be no more warrenty. Unless there is an extended one.

I still don't know how to drive stick
If you ever did really want to get a porsche that should not stop u, i belive all porsches come in a auto except for the GT2, GT3, and Carrera GT.

Originally posted by mmgrad
next time I take my car in for service, i'm gonna ask for a c230 coupe loaner with a manual tranny just to learn
Does your dealer really have loaner's with manual trannys? I wish mine did, i would love to screw around with them.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
If you ever did really want to get a porsche that should not stop u, i belive all porsches come in a auto except for the GT2, GT3, and Carrera GT.

Does your dealer really have loaner's with manual trannys? I wish mine did, i would love to screw around with them.
Porsche has tiptronic, but, in other porsche owners will laugh at you for buying a porsche and getting an automatic??

And yeah, my dealer has actually tried to offer me a C230 coupe with manual tranny twice... i would have taken it, but I didn't want to strip the gears trying to get out of the driveway...

i'll remember to bring my bud with me next time to drive it out the driveway... hehehe
Old 08-25-2003, 10:49 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Originally posted by mmgrad
Porsche has tiptronic, but, in other porsche owners will laugh at you for buying a porsche and getting an automatic??

And yeah, my dealer has actually tried to offer me a C230 coupe with manual tranny twice... i would have taken it, but I didn't want to strip the gears trying to get out of the driveway...

i'll remember to bring my bud with me next time to drive it out the driveway... hehehe
Ahh, thats true, some other hard core porsche fanatics will laugh, but who cares if thats what u want.

And u are so lucky! I wish my dealers around here offered manual loaners. I cant even rent a car with a manual tranny from any sort of rent-a-car place around here eaither.
Old 08-26-2003, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
I thought u said C4? Btw, i know 1 person with a Boxster S and he has had nothing but problems with it, then it went on fire on the highway! Someone else i know has a Carrera C4S and its in the dealer weekly and its brand new. Someone else i know has a 700+ HP 911 Turbo but he is trouble free.

Btw, what other Mercedes does your family own? and are they also problem free or did u have problems with those 2?

I still find it hard to belive so many people have probmems with mercedes, i will consider my house hold lucky since we have owned 17 or more mercedes and never had any problems other than broken windows on the E classes and a broken fuel pump on the ML.
C2, C4, i change my mind daily, haha, i guess when it really comes down to it, i dont care, ill take whatever comes along at the right price at the right time. My friends dad has a 2002 911 GT2 with whatever turbo upgrade is above the Monster Turbo (i dont know, i have no idea ), its got something like 600 HP, and he has also had no problems at all. Guy is a very experienced track racer, and has taken me for a few drives on some back country roads, and i must admit, the first time he scared the **** out of me.

lets see, our garage.....we have a CL600(pops, not the bi-turbo, only mods to speak of are completely new stereo install, all stealth though, and a bunch of new wood pieces for the interior), SL600(1999, moms car, midnight blue, custom crazy interior, 18x8.5 18x10 RH chrome monoblock style rims with a 3.5 inch lip in the rear ), 1991 560SEC(pops, lots of mods), and a W210 E55(brothers, no mods, being sold to a client of my fathers sometime in the near future).

as far as problems, the CL has had absolutely none, the SL doesnt really have any problems, other than the fact that it cant stay alligned for more than a week, maybe my mom just cant drive, i dont know, the SEC is 13 years old and it has its minor replacement stuff but no problems really, and the E55 had some issues, all stupid stuff, but has had zero issues since it went out from under warranty. i guess my CLK and its problems can be attributed to the obvious....

CL600.....$120,000
SL600.....$120,000
560SEC..$70,000 (really have no clue what it was new)
E55........$80,000

CLK430..$55,000

i guess one should expect the fit and finish of a $55K car to be different than a $120K car(unless its english), but when it comes to the driving of my CLK, ive got zero complaints, its never left me stranded, and im very confident that it wont, i just dont know if my stereo will play CDs or if my check engine light will malfuction on during the drive...
Old 08-26-2003, 03:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thats a nice collection of cars you gots in your stable... very impressive.... i think for the CLK... its just the luck of the draw.. you either get a cherry, or a slightly bruised apple... on the super rare ocassion, you'll get a lemon...
Old 08-26-2003, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!

i guess one should expect the fit and finish of a $55K car to be different than a $120K car(unless its english), but when it comes to the driving of my CLK, ive got zero complaints, its never left me stranded, and im very confident that it wont, i just dont know if my stereo will play CDs or if my check engine light will malfuction on during the drive...
On the other hand, i think my C230 has better fit and finish than the CLK! I hate the center console in the CLK's.

I dont think the price should really afftect the reliability of these cars, because my C230 (cheapest benz we ever owned) has had luckly 0 problems. My CLK has had such minor ones i dont even count them, like a broken front seat that did not move back, and the check engine like that came on once, (then they replaced the fuel tank). But i cant even say i had a minor one with my C230. And alot of people do have problems with them, so i guess it is all luck.
Old 08-27-2003, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Those mile miglia look gooood, close up pic please!
pocholin,

Here you go..

Front Drivers Side
Attached Thumbnails CLK Picture Thread (A Must Look!)-driverfrontjpg.jpg  
Old 08-27-2003, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
And here is the Driverside Rear.
Attached Thumbnails CLK Picture Thread (A Must Look!)-driverrear.jpg  
Old 08-27-2003, 04:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by ldangeli
And here is the Driverside Rear.
ldangeli , check my post to your other thread....

and based on your title on this post, you needa read what i have to say...
*************clip**************

thanks for the pics... they look real nice... nice lip too..

but ok, now to bash you... based on the picture you provided... it looks to me like the left side is the cabin area (based on the side skirts), and right right side is the trunk (based on the dirt pattern & location of the brakes)... is that correct?

If it is, you have your tires mounted incorrectly, cause the arrow on the directional tire is pointed towards the back... instead of the front...

Check the tire on the other side of the car... you might need to swap your wheels to the other side if they are both spinning the wrong way...
Old 08-27-2003, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EFF YOU JACKIE
Holy Crap! I think your right! Got 'em mounted and didn't even check! JESUS!! I am gonna fix that tonight! I can't believe it! Thanks for takin care of a brutha!! Jesus!!
Old 08-27-2003, 05:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by ldangeli
Holy Crap! I think your right! Got 'em mounted and didn't even check! JESUS!! I am gonna fix that tonight! I can't believe it! Thanks for takin care of a brutha!! Jesus!!
yeah... who's the man.... thats right, me...

who's the one who has no life that is examining pics of tires... yeah, thats right.... me!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 39 votes, 4.97 average.

Quick Reply: CLK Picture Thread (A Must Look!)