CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My CD changer problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My CD changer problem

Ok, I bought a cd changer on ebay and it came with no mounting brackets or screws *this was my first mistake* So then I go to the dealer and order the bracket. It comes in and it about 3 inches too big for the cd changer and has no screws with it. So then, I go to the hardware store and get some longer screws to attach it just so that it sits in place. I put the screws in, mount every thing and turn on the radio, or at least try. Then I get an "SOS teleaid go to workshop" and "audio" malfunctions. Also, my head unit would not turn on at all. So after checking all the fuses, which were all still good, I realized I had a more serious problem.

I'm pretty sure one of the screws I used to mount the changer went in too deep, touch part of the circut and shorted something out. Anyway, I took the cd changer out of the car and dropped it off at the dealer last night. I didn't tell them what I did because the car is still under warranty and I'm hoping I won't have to pay for the fix. I still havent heard back from them and I'm hoping I didn't mess it up too bad.

Just goes to show that you shouldnt try any half assed way to rig things in the car.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 154 Posts
99 E320
curious which model changer you bought? and which locaton are you
mounting to?
Old 10-21-2005, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trunk mount, not sure of the model....anyway the dealer just called me, they got the radio working again but its an audio 10 radio from european models of the car and they are not sure of the radio code or where to get it. if anyone knows how to find this radio code, please let me know. thanks.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 154 Posts
99 E320
try la jolla

or

hmmm thought i had another possible. will keep digging