CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Fuel Pump/Filter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 S55 AMG
Thumbs down Fuel Pump/Filter

Hey guys..I just had my car(2001 CLK430 53770mi) serviced @ ASC(Arlington,VA) ..they replaced my bypass heater hose,brake flush,coolant flush and lastly...FUEL FILTER...one PROBLEM: do you know when you turn your key to the on position where all these warning lights come on before you start the car, you usually hear a very faint humming sound indicating that the pump is pumping gas. Ever since i got the car, it was doing that sound so to me thats normal..same goes for my parents SLK & CL..today, I hear a LOUD HUMMING SOUND ..for some reason, when I was on my way home from 66, everytime I would get the rpm's above 3,000 it will make the same HUMMING SOUND..when I got home, I set the park brake and put the car in reverse and stepped out of the car while it was constantly HUMMING.(it will do this if you have the lights on and the rear window defogger..wierd huh?) I was able to trace it on the right rear side of the car..just under the fenderwall by the gas tank..I'm thinking its the pump..Do you think my pump's gone bad or is it something that they broke?(if it is..thank God because they better replace it for free..) any opinions? let me know..thanks guys..rocko
Old 10-22-2005, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

why dont you take it back to who fixed it?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:39 AM

06 S55 AMG
got the car today..bringing it back on monday..i was just wondering if anyone ever encountered this before
Old 10-27-2005, 11:14 PM

06 S55 AMG
update

hey guys just wanted to give an update about the car..ASC said that they installed a "defective" fuel filter and they replaced it for free..my SA also said that the technician noticed that my windshield washers were leaking so they replaced the pump and the washers free of charge.."perform good will service on washers per MBUSA"??? (he actually said that it wasn't supposed to be covered under the starmark but he did it anyway)..hahaha..they try to make it sound like they actually went out of their way..well, at least I know that they're trying ..anyway, my car ACCELARATES like it should now ..floor the pedal to kickdown from a dead stop with the ESP off and you will hear the tire screech and I actually had to turn the sterring wheel to the right as the rear of the car was actually drifting towards the left glad the performance is back on my 430..talk to you later guys..thanks for all the help ..next proj will be new spark plugs @ 54000mi as well as 18"monoblocks aero II's