CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2005 | 02:39 PM

Question

I heard that if you disconect the battery for 20 min it resets the trottle or something like that, but then you have to worry about the radio codes. I also heared that there is another easier way of doing it does any one know anything about it.
Old 11-02-2005 | 04:45 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 E 55 AMG
I just did this, this past weekend, wow what a pain in the *** it turned out to be for me. I recently picked up this car and the shift points felt grannyish, so I decided to reset it. I disconnected the terminal, closed the trunk, come back down to open it and connect it. No go, the key does not turn, and not cause its a different lock or anything like that, probably just cause its almost never really used. So I graphite it up, use special de-icer stuff, no go. I called Benz Roadside, the guy came within the hour, couldnt do much, but before he left, he figured out how to jump the car from the front, under the hood. Something the book, and other techs told me couldnt be done. Anyway, that was a great end to the saga, but then like you said, I needed the radio code, and my car didnt even come with the card, last owner mustve lost it. So I called the roadside number, told them what happened, they asked me for the last 8 #'s of the VIN and told me my code right away.

Not sure if there's an easier way to do it. Seemed very worth it, for me.

NOTE- First test your key, make sure you can physically open the trunk using the actual metal key. If not, obviously do not slam the trunk.
Old 11-02-2005 | 06:13 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
To reset throttle:
turn key to postition 2. Press gas pedal down for 5 secs. Turn the key to off position (leave key in) for 2 minutes. And off you go. At leats thats how I think it works!
Old 11-02-2005 | 09:04 PM

CLK/ML
Here's a novel idea:
Don't f*ck with you car too much,lol.
It'll learn your driving habits.
Old 11-04-2005 | 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
Originally Posted by NYCLK 430
So I graphite it up, use special de-icer stuff, no go. I called Benz Roadside, the guy came within the hour, couldnt do much, but before he left, he figured out how to jump the car from the front, under the hood. Something the book, and other techs told me couldnt be done.
Someone else mentioned a guy jumping an S430 without the key in it or anything. He said he pressure washed the engine with water so the car wouldn't start normally and had to be jumped like that. Did the tech do it without the key inside? If so, that's something interesting you saw!
Old 11-04-2005 | 12:09 PM
Almost a Member!

2000 E 55 AMG
Originally Posted by midget fidger
Someone else mentioned a guy jumping an S430 without the key in it or anything. He said he pressure washed the engine with water so the car wouldn't start normally and had to be jumped like that. Did the tech do it without the key inside? If so, that's something interesting you saw!
The battery was completely disconnected, so the key inside made no difference whatsoever, car was completely dead and they key wasnt inside. He jumped it like that.
Old 11-04-2005 | 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 Coupe
whoa...uh...how'd he do that?
Old 11-04-2005 | 04:09 PM

2000 CLK 430
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
To reset throttle:
turn key to postition 2. Press gas pedal down for 5 secs. Turn the key to off position (leave key in) for 2 minutes. And off you go. At leats thats how I think it works!
whats this do?
Old 11-04-2005 | 04:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
Originally Posted by wnycec
whats this do?
It supposedly resets the throttle memory.