CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

EIS Problem :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes
EIS Problem :(

hey guys,
i detailed my car, put it in the garage for 9 days and when i went to start it up this past fri it wouldn't let me start it, the key wouldn't unlock the steering wheel, i was so pissed because i didn't drive it at all, and then i go to start it up and i can't even get it to start,

i had my guy come down and look, says it's an EIS problem, we got it to start, there was a weird clicking noise coming from the ignition but it started and no buttons worked, seats, locks, etc. we couldn't even open the trunk (which was unlocked) to get to the battery to check that because it was electronically shut . . . which i thought was rather odd . . . anyways, got it down to the stealership yesterday and they ordered the part got it in today and then to my surprise was ready to be picked up today, they said it was a common problem with the 01's because that was the first year that the new EIS (newer key, without key, electronic) was installed in the CLK. So it had new firmware/software to fix the problem and would not have to replace again (yeah right...)
i got them to get me the EIS for free ($400) but i paid for labor.

got her back tonight and went right back in the garage because it's gonna rain tomorrow