CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Navigation CD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2001, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
Navigation CD

I received my updated navigation CD today from MBUSA!

I was wondering has anyone who bought a 2000 CLK with COMAND received his/her second updated navigation disc?

I wonder how many years MBUSA is going to provide the updated disc, because in the letter that came with the updated disc, the letter states that in the future MBUSA will notify me when the updated disc will be available for purchase.
Old 12-10-2001, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Re: Navigation CD

Originally posted by Wildbill
I received my updated navigation CD today from MBUSA!

I was wondering has anyone who bought a 2000 CLK with COMAND received his/her second updated navigation disc?

I wonder how many years MBUSA is going to provide the updated disc, because in the letter that came with the updated disc, the letter states that in the future MBUSA will notify me when the updated disc will be available for purchase.
MBUSA provides 1 free update approx. 1 year after your vehicle purchase. After that you are on your own. MBUSA will send you a letter in the future when the Discs are updated with an offer to purchase the update from them.
Old 12-11-2001, 03:10 PM

2001 CLK 320
Nav CD

By coincidence, I called MBUSA today inquiring about my updated Nav CD. It seems that when the new CDs came out in July, they forgot to send me mine. Hence, if you purchased a new car, your CD release date is 7/00, and you did not receive a new CD by now, I would call 1800FORMERCEDES. Also, it is interesting to note that while indivdual CDs are in the $100 range, your local MB parts department can sell you the entire set for the U.S. for about $285. Worth looking into if you are planning a long trip. COMAND is a great option, but I look forward to the day when it switches to a DVD. I've heard rumors that some competitors have the entire U.S. on one DVD.
Old 12-11-2001, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E350, S320, Mini Cooper S
Lexus SC430 uses DVD and one can cover the entire U.S.
I think Jaguar X-type is going to have that too.

Wish I have that