CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Heat + Cold = big crack across windshield

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
335is
Heat + Cold = big crack across windshield

ok so last thurs Nov 10, i was on a freeway connecting to a bridge adn i was about to go up the bridge i heard this loud (rock hitting windshield sound and not jsut a pebble it was big i think).... so i'm on the freeway so i can't stop and check... i continue on think the rock jsut flew by w/o damage... sunday night pretty could 10celcius and after dinner i started the car.... ofcourse i blast the heat up and head home... omw home i heard a nosie.... hard to describe but the windshield cracked... i guess haveing the heat pointed towards the windshield when outside is cold cracks the windsheild easily... and today i did the samethinig and the crack extended longer...

weird thing is i felt the crack all the way and it feels smooth... so think the windshield is made up of minimum 3 layers... cause the outside layer and cabin layer i cannot feel the crack at all...
Old 11-14-2005, 08:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
hot, cold, vibration... that can all attribute to a spiderwebbing of a crack... time to replace... and yes, most windshields are 3 layers