CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Instructions on how to open trunk with key

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 08:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Instructions on how to open trunk with key

I just figured it out. Hopefully, when someones battery dies, they can search for this thread and figured it out easily.

Anyway, slide your metal key downwards inside the main plastic key (don't take it out) so you can get some leverage.

Then, put it in the key hole, turn left, THEN push in. Walla. It opens without effort.

Just thought I'd share, as I've seen numerous threads on how to wrestle with it.

Last edited by str8ridin; 01-17-2006 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MB CLK 200
And in case you're in need of fuel, this is also the way to open the fueldoor.
Once inside the trunk remove a piece of panel and you will find a small handle, just above the shock.
Pull it and presto, fueldoor open.

Tony.
Old 01-23-2006, 04:08 AM

335is
hummm intresting... cause once my battery died and for some reason i couldn't open the trunk with the key.... but in the end i forgot how i managed to open the trunk... but u said to leave ur metal key inside the houseing.... i always think that it's fragile and doing that will break the metal key off the remote....
Old 01-23-2006, 09:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
05 E55
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis
hummm intresting... cause once my battery died and for some reason i couldn't open the trunk with the key.... but in the end i forgot how i managed to open the trunk... but u said to leave ur metal key inside the houseing.... i always think that it's fragile and doing that will break the metal key off the remote....

Well, actually, you don't even have to do that. With the metal key, simply insert, turn counter clockerwise and THEN push. It should be easy.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:26 PM

Ok, my battery's dead......i haven't been driving it in the snow so i ran the engine for a while last week just to warm it up. I had also put in bright white leds for my license plate lights, i remember turning on my lights so that i could admire them....lol

i must have left the lights on because today the car is dead

used the metal key to open the door but i can't open the trunk....the trunk button pushes in about a hlf inch but it won't open the trunk....and when i stick the key in, it'll only go about halfway in and it won't turn either way.

any suggestions?