CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Operating Procedure for Heater and A/C Units

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 320 coupe, Black
Operating Procedure for Heater and A/C Units

Will someone please confirm the operating procedure for either the heater or A/C units with respect to switching them ON or OFF?

More specifically, is is OK to leave the auto (or manual) settings engaged (for either hear or A/C) and switch off the engine (without first turning the unit off)?

Likewise, if the (heat or A/C) unit is left "activated" will it be damaged when the engine is then switched back on?

I typically shut the unit off first and then switch off the engine.

An interesting aside, I've noticed that if I turn on the A/C on too soon after switching on the engine that there is a delay, of a few seconds, before the unit actually engages. Don't notice the delay on the heater, though.

I pose this question because it takes additional time to power down the fan speed, on either the heat or A/C, before swithcing off the engine. It would be nice to either have a single "deactivate" switch or just leave the unit engaged at all times (letting it be "activated" simultaneously with the switching on of the engine).

Any thoughts?