CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

No sound from COMAND

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
No sound from COMAND

I have a 2001 CLK with COMAND.

Today, I started the car and a very lound squeak came out of speaker. Then there was no more sound or music from COMAND. But all other COMAND functions are normal.

Is there something simple that I can do, like pushing some reset button for the COMAND? or do I have to take it to the dealer to get it fixed?

Thanks.

(Please tell me that there is something simple I can do to get the sound back.)
Old 04-01-2006, 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK320
I searched through the forum. Another guy had the same problem after he tinted his window and got some water in the speaker. He left the car alone and the following day the sound came back.

I just checked my car again and the sound is working fine now. That is very strange. It did rain this morning but it was very light. I have driven my car in heavier rain before without any problem.

Has any one had this problem before?
Old 04-01-2006, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G63, AMG GT S
Originally Posted by Wildbill
I searched through the forum. Another guy had the same problem after he tinted his window and got some water in the speaker. He left the car alone and the following day the sound came back.

I just checked my car again and the sound is working fine now. That is very strange. It did rain this morning but it was very light. I have driven my car in heavier rain before without any problem.

Has any one had this problem before?
I once left my sunroof open and it poured. I woke up the next morning and nothing in my car worked.