CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Cd Changer Installation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 05:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 320 CDI Avantgarde 7g-Tronic
Cd Changer Installation

Hi all,
My father has a 2002 CLK 230 Kompressor Avantg.
My question is...
There is the predisposition for cd changer ?? If i buy the cd changer i have to cable all the car or i need only to put it in right position and i find all the cable?
THX
Old 04-03-2006, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK/ML
If you remove the pass. side rear panel, you'll find the cables there.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
to be more clear, the cables are actually tucked in the trunk, near the battery area on the right side panel... near where the actual changer would go
Old 04-03-2006, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK320, Carrera S
Old instructions I wrote a long time ago!

Step-by-Step instructions:
1. Locate the connections. The power and control (optical) connections were located in the forward section of the CD well behind the trunk liner on the right hand side of the trunk. I was able to pull them out without removing any part of the trunk liner and they were not taped in. The optical connection consists of two relatively stiff optical fibers. The connections are covered with a green cover. The power connection is a smaller three-wire harness.
2. Unpack the CD unit and remove the three transit screws on the CD unit itself (they are labeled).
3. Mount the CD player to the bracket using the 4 small machine screws supplied with the unit. You should mount the bracket so that the Mercedes Benz label on the CD player will be towards the front of the car.
4. Put the CD player in the trunk and connect it up (remove the cover from the optical connections on the CD player and the wiring harness first). The connections are keyed and will only go in one way. At this point I tested the unit out by loading up a CD since I did not want to unscrew it if it did not work.
5. Move the bottom trunk liner slightly to the left and carefully place the mounting bracket over the holes in the chassis.
6. Screw the CD player in place using the supplied self-tapping screws.
7. Enjoy!
It takes about 15 minutes.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:46 PM

cd changer for grabs

hey dj i have a cd changer from a 2000 clk. complete with 6 disc magazine and all. fully functional. i just modded my headunit to directly connect my ipod to the stereo and wont be needing cd changer anymore.

pm me if interested.
Old 04-03-2006, 08:39 PM

CLK 320
Hey guys,
I thought U.S. cars were the only ones pre-wired. Outside the U.S. you'd need to either make the harness or buy it, then install it before even getting the CD changer in. I could be wrong though, otherwise my install followed everybody elses. I actually had to loosen my trunk liner to get to the wires which were taped down.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 Silver CLK430
Originally Posted by bighernan
hey dj i have a cd changer from a 2000 clk. complete with 6 disc magazine and all. fully functional. i just modded my headunit to directly connect my ipod to the stereo and wont be needing cd changer anymore.

pm me if interested.
Did you use IceLink for your I-Pod hookup? How was the install? Are you going to do a writeup? Pics?
Old 04-05-2006, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 171 Likes on 155 Posts
99 E320
Originally Posted by dennism13
Hey guys,
I thought U.S. cars were the only ones pre-wired. Outside the U.S. you'd need to either make the harness or buy it, then install it before even getting the CD changer in. I could be wrong though, otherwise my install followed everybody elses. I actually had to loosen my trunk liner to get to the wires which were taped down.
my notes are same. north america = cables pulled. others = not
Old 04-05-2006, 01:50 AM

I found all the information on this forum. where would i be without the wonderfull people of mbworld!

Pics of mod courtesy of "lovin_my_C230K" over in the c230 forum... http://66.15.182.201/w203aux/

Orginal thread by Cryptnotic at https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...threadid=24707

there is a lot of information there.

As far as my experience goes: it took me about 4 hours to do from start to finish (including trip to radio shack to purchase $10 soldering tool) and a couple of mistakes i made along the way. I also spent 30 mins practicing soldering on an old computer motherboard i had lying around.

Anywho, before you do anything, make sure to insert a working cassette in the tape slot. make sure it starts playing and then turn off the car and stereo. leave the cassette in the player - it fools the head unit into thinking there is a real cassette playing in there. so from now on you wont be able to take out the cassette that is in there.

with the radio removal tools, or like i did -

anywho, you then have to take apart the radio and do some soldering. more details on the links i gave. if people want me to do a writeup i will.