CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Sitting In Traffic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2006 | 02:01 PM

02 CLK 430 Cab
Angry Sitting In Traffic

Hey guys, don't you all just hate it when your sitting in a bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway and a drunk driver doing about 75-80 M.P.H decides to run right into your modded CLK? That happened to me last night, and it seriously pissed me off. To top it off, I end up rear ending a brand new Carerra S that was in front of me. The important thing is that everyone involved was O.K. I know I wont get paid for the mods that I had, but thats fine too. I'll post some before and after pics of my car when I get the chance.
Old 04-14-2006 | 03:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

haters crazy
damn that sucks!
Old 04-14-2006 | 03:57 PM

02 E55; 99 CLK430 (Sold)
I'll second that. That really sucks. I hate other drivers....any other drivers.
Old 04-14-2006 | 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

wow sorry to hear that man...i dont know what insurace you have but some companies offer extra coverage for aftermarket parts (usualy at a high cost though) to cover the extra $ spent on the car.
Old 04-14-2006 | 04:24 PM

OLD: 2004 C230 Sport Sedan, NEW: 2007 SLK350
A lady in a Ford Aerostar van hit the open door of my parked Benz, as I had just opened the door to get out.. but I leaned to the right to pick up some stuff from the passenger seat.

She later produced a fake witness, lied to her insurance company, and even though my ins. co. believed me (they took pictures at the scene of the crime too)... her ins. co believed her (to maintain their 97% customer satisfaction rate, and to fill the pockets of the ultra-rich owner of that company)

Anyway, I paid for the damage, which was on the outside of the left front door, around the hinge area.

The GED-educated ins. guy at her ins. co.'s claims center could not figure out why I had external door damage, when my door was hit on the internal side, since the door was wide open.

Not that it mattered.... I got rear-ended by another lady in a car while this claim was still open.. (I was sitting still in bumper-to-bumper traffic on an exit ramp!)

And then my car was total'd while my gf was driving it.... oh well... at least there were no real injuries...
Old 04-14-2006 | 04:26 PM

2006 C230 SS
Originally Posted by shahedC
A lady in a Ford Aerostar van hit the open door of my parked Benz, as I had just opened the door to get out.. but I leaned to the right to pick up some stuff from the passenger seat.

She later produced a fake witness, lied to her insurance company, and even though my ins. co. believed me (they took pictures at the scene of the crime too)... her ins. co believed her (to maintain their 97% customer satisfaction rate, and to fill the pockets of the ultra-rich owner of that company)

Anyway, I paid for the damage, which was on the outside of the left front door, around the hinge area.

The GED-educated ins. guy at her ins. co.'s claims center could not figure out why I had external door damage, when my door was hit on the internal side, since the door was wide open.

Not that it mattered.... I got rear-ended by another lady in a car while this claim was still open.. (I was sitting still in bumper-to-bumper traffic on an exit ramp!)

And then my car was total'd while my gf was driving it.... oh well... at least there were no real injuries...
wow... bad karma with the car... lol...
Old 04-14-2006 | 04:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
Originally Posted by rrpnow
wow... bad karma with the car... lol...
yeah that car had really bad karma when there's a woman driver around, 3 times in a row.
Old 04-14-2006 | 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by mick1
yeah that car had really bad karma when there's a woman driver around, 3 times in a row.
Before the Benz, my Camry was hit by a woman at a T-junction because she didn't stop, and before that, my Corolla was rear-ended by another woman while I was yielding while waiting to make a right turn.

In the Corolla incident, the woman later threatened to sue me for harassment because I had sent her an email to keep her updated about the status of the claim and how much her ins. co. was paying for damage + whiplash injury... WTF?

The yield sign was later changed to a stop sign.

In the Camry incident, a stop sign was erected at the T-junction because the careless driver didn't see the giant STOP painted on the ground.

Bad karma indeed.... but I am helping to make the world a safer place by getting these STOP signs up!
Old 04-17-2006 | 11:10 AM

CLK 430 Coupe
Wink

Originally Posted by DropTop208
Hey guys, don't you all just hate it when your sitting in a bumper to bumper traffic on the freeway and a drunk driver doing about 75-80 M.P.H decides to run right into your modded CLK? That happened to me last night, and it seriously pissed me off. To top it off, I end up rear ending a brand new Carerra S that was in front of me. The important thing is that everyone involved was O.K. I know I wont get paid for the mods that I had, but thats fine too. I'll post some before and after pics of my car when I get the chance.

Or....

You're comming home from a club where you didn't drink so that you could drive you and your date home safely and an idiot 19 year old kid with no liscence, who was drunk driving, slams into your modded C5 Corvette and totals it. He has no insurance so yours has to pay for it My lawyer told me that we couldn't even sue him for the medical bills or the car because he was a day laborer and had no record of income and no assets.

I wanted to kill that little B*ST*RD. -A- Just plug it in
Old 04-17-2006 | 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by Motivation

Or....

You're comming home from a club where you didn't drink so that you could drive you and your date home safely and an idiot 19 year old kid with no liscence, who was drunk driving, slams into your modded C5 Corvette and totals it. He has no insurance so yours has to pay for it My lawyer told me that we couldn't even sue him for the medical bills or the car because he was a day laborer and had no record of income and no assets.

I wanted to kill that little B*ST*RD. -A- Just plug it in

omg, your story is even worse than mine... at least I had the opportunity to try to take some action, even though it did no good...

I wish we had nicer people in this world... =)

but then again, the threat of being found guilty of something, coupled with the possibility of losing a lot of money can turn ordinary careless people into desperate criminals.. !
Old 04-17-2006 | 04:58 PM

CLK 430 Coupe
Originally Posted by shahedC
omg, your story is even worse than mine... at least I had the opportunity to try to take some action, even though it did no good...

I wish we had nicer people in this world... =)

but then again, the threat of being found guilty of something, coupled with the possibility of losing a lot of money can turn ordinary careless people into desperate criminals.. !

Well, thanks for the sympathy, but there are people out there that have gone through alot more than me. I was just lucky that I wasn't paralised or left dead.