CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Symtoms...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430
Originally Posted by Whodat
Ah, an astute movie watcher I see! That's EXACTLY where that came from...*harhar*

I use it all the time to describe bozos that claim they know what they're doing but, well, you know the results! Then you take it back to them and they act like they didn't mess anything up. I had my cousin's husband put my mom's stereo in (a Chrysler Cirrus). He volunteered to do it. Of course the thing completely drained the battery in like 2 weeks because he hooked it up to a constant power source so essentially, the radio was 'on' ALL THE TIME. Idiot...he installs windshields for a living too. Think I'd get him to do mine? Uh, NO!
Keep smilin!
Yep, love comedies--movies in general....motorcycle and fast car movies!!

I have met a few of those types in my day!! Tryin' to take advantage of a young lady and my limited knowledge of the more intricate side of an automobile....
Old 05-31-2006, 10:16 PM

2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by CLK430girl
Yep, love comedies--movies in general....motorcycle and fast car movies!!

I have met a few of those types in my day!! Tryin' to take advantage of a young lady and my limited knowledge of the more intricate side of an automobile....
Hey, CLK430girl. How ya livin? Hey check this. Remember this link?: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MERCE...spagenameZWDVW

I asked the seller about the ad stating that the radio came out of a E class but being shown in a CLK. His response? "Easy: It's not the car it came out of. But it surely proves that it fits the CLK as well. Thanks for asking."

Uh, it's not the car it came out of but its out of a E class? What tha f*k is that?! NO THANKS! Buyer beware! I've been reading about a young lady that just got ripped off by some bozo in Hicksville, NY so BE CAREFUL of anything you buy on eBay or on this forum. Anybody named Evan or Elvis Panoav (or something to that effect) from Hicksville, NY is a DO NOT BUY! Thought I'd let you know cuz we're both after some sounds....

More interesting reading....
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff69217.htm
Old 06-01-2006, 01:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
My car came with some crappy system in it. I have a bunch of speakers sitting in my basement but need to buy amps and subs. I know some people at Tweeter in Rockville and they should be able to hook you up. A NICE sound system costs big $$$ though. It all depend son how far you want to go. When you start getting into McIntosh amps/focal speakers/jl w7 subs and custom enclosures your talkin BIG money. In my lass car I went with PPI amps, JL 12w6 subs, mb quart Q series speakers, and an alpine head unit.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:11 PM

2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
My car came with some crappy system in it. I have a bunch of speakers sitting in my basement but need to buy amps and subs. I know some people at Tweeter in Rockville and they should be able to hook you up. A NICE sound system costs big $$$ though. It all depend son how far you want to go. When you start getting into McIntosh amps/focal speakers/jl w7 subs and custom enclosures your talkin BIG money. In my lass car I went with PPI amps, JL 12w6 subs, mb quart Q series speakers, and an alpine head unit.
Good lawd! Amps, subs, speakers....I think CLK430girl and I both want the convenience of a dash CD player. The Audio 10 headunit with the single CD sounds like the perfect thing for me. I've heard this unit can be swapped in 5 minutes. I don't need audiophile quality. In my case, I have a Cab so a sub in the trunk is just about out of the question with the limited space in there. Not willing to sacrifice space for the "bump-dee-dee-bump" ghetto blaster sound system (aren't those deals annoying when they pull up next to you at a traffic light? ). Where you been?
Old 06-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by Whodat
Good lawd! Amps, subs, speakers....I think CLK430girl and I both want the convenience of a dash CD player. The Audio 10 headunit with the single CD sounds like the perfect thing for me. I've heard this unit can be swapped in 5 minutes. I don't need audiophile quality. In my case, I have a Cab so a sub in the trunk is just about out of the question with the limited space in there. Not willing to sacrifice space for the "bump-dee-dee-bump" ghetto blaster sound system (aren't those deals annoying when they pull up next to you at a traffic light? ). Where you been?
Just a head unit is an easy swap. I started a new job last week and they are keeping me busy! I am running an experiment that has two 1 hour breaks so thats why I have time right now.