MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CLK-Class (W208) (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208-5/)
-   -   Removing the rear speakers (https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/150405-removing-rear-speakers.html)

Ghostrider 05-31-2006 06:56 PM

Removing the rear speakers

Does anyone know how or has anyone done this :confused: Please tell me... please.

blisscafe 06-01-2006 01:11 PM

its hella hard you gotta remove the rear seat, side panels, seat belt trim, rear upper panel, and the rear deck to get to em. took me a whole day, but i got my interior reuphosltered so i had to take all that crap out anyway.

clk22 06-02-2006 09:22 AM

you just pop out the little speaker grills and the speakers will come out then you have to make an adapter to hold the speaker up in place.

Ghostrider 06-02-2006 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by blisscafe
its hella hard you gotta remove the rear seat, side panels, seat belt trim, rear upper panel, and the rear deck to get to em. took me a whole day, but i got my interior reuphosltered so i had to take all that crap out anyway.

Do you have anymore information on how to do this...

clkal 06-02-2006 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by clk22
you just pop out the little speaker grills and the speakers will come out then you have to make an adapter to hold the speaker up in place.

you sure about that, buddy? just pop off the speaker grills, huh?

Ghostrider 06-02-2006 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by clkal
you sure about that, buddy? just pop off the speaker grills, huh?

I am going to need to put some sound deadening back there anyway so I might as well do it all at once. :wall:

clk22 06-02-2006 06:42 PM

Ya buddy i am sure.

blisscafe 06-02-2006 06:45 PM

https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...move+rear+seat
the side panels have one screw one bolt easy to get off, one bolt for the rear seat side cushions. no need to remove the folding down seat part. unscrew the seat belt harness on the side trim, and the rest of the trims you gotta just pull em off. the rear deck lid i think it was pull forward and up. the rear brake light becomes unplugged to replug it when your done go into the trunk there is a hole cut to do it need tiny fingers and patience too.

putting the panels and trims back can be a pain as well just take your time and reinstall in reverse order

rear deck the tabs might come off the glue used sucks just reheat it, rear trim, side (seatbelt) trim, rear arm cushion have a bolt and slide into uper part holder, side panels have a part that slides into the rear seat arm cushion, and rear seat slides into tabs at rear bottom then just sit on it to lock into place.

hope this helps

clkal 06-02-2006 06:54 PM

Ya buddy i am sure.

i really don't think so, buddy. have you "popped off the grills" on your rear deck before in your clk? LOL :smash: :bs:

blisscafe 06-03-2006 12:33 AM

prana 25 did a nice write up with pics and some shortcuts on the other site
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w208...ml#post1914642

clk22 06-03-2006 01:39 AM

from the underside of it they just pop off. there are three black pieces that hold the grill in. You pop them out and out comes your speaker.

blisscafe 06-03-2006 02:33 AM

the three black prongs hold the speaker down the grill is attached to the rear deck removable maybe if you take the deck out i never really looked at it when i had it out

clk22 06-03-2006 09:53 AM

well all that ghostrider asked was how to take out the speakers and all you have to do is remove the plastic grill on the underside of the rear deck in the trunk. Then you would have to make an adapter to mount the speaker. Ill take a picture of mine when i get home.

ThrillKill 06-03-2006 06:20 PM

I just want to yank mine out and use the holes as porting for the subs in the trunk. I think one of them has met its maker anyway due to the new Tool cd which must be played EXTREMELY loud.

lowphat 06-03-2006 09:14 PM

Props to prana 25 on * E N Z * O R L D - I took my shelf out today to do some speaker re-mounting & followed his instructions on rear shelf removal. His thread / DIY helped alot. Damn rear headrests were the hardest part. Other than that, came out without rear seat removal or removal of any major interior trim. System's back in biz.

clkal 06-04-2006 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by lowphat
Props to prana 25 on * E N Z * O R L D - I took my shelf out today to do some speaker re-mounting & followed his instructions on rear shelf removal. His thread / DIY helped alot. Damn rear headrests were the hardest part. Other than that, came out without rear seat removal or removal of any major interior trim. System's back in biz.

good to hear you got everything done =)

I was pretty sure that you couldn't just "pop the grills off, take the speakers out, and pop the grills back on......" like someone said in a post above......

clk22 06-05-2006 11:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here are some pictures of my rear speakers...... w/just popping off the grills

clkal 06-05-2006 12:06 PM

nice install....but your pic doesn't show how the grill just "popped off"

also, that's a nice W7 woofer. Have you tried firing it to the rear of the car instead of upwards?

Ghostrider 06-05-2006 12:59 PM

nice install....but your pic doesn't show how the grill just "popped off"

also, that's a nice W7 woofer. Have you tried firing it to the rear of the car instead of upwards?

JL is the only way to go... I went with a W6, downward firing, because I listen to more rap and hip hop. The CLK trunk is like a vault.

wnycec 06-05-2006 01:41 PM

Hi-jack

For optimal sound... what do you think of this setup?
Two Tweeters in the pillars
A set of component speakers and a mid-bass kit on the doors.
in the trunk a 10inch sub and where the oval slots on the rear deck are... two more midbass kit speakers...

is that too much mid-bass?

clk22 06-05-2006 02:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
ya ive tried all diffent things with it had use to have it set up like this picture then i went with the second set up for a while and now im gonna probably try something new and mayb get 2 jl 10w6's

Ghostrider 06-05-2006 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by wnycec
For optimal sound... what do you think of this setup?
Two Tweeters in the pillars
A set of component speakers and a mid-bass kit on the doors.
in the trunk a 10inch sub and where the oval slots on the rear deck are... two more midbass kit speakers...

is that too much mid-bass?

That is a lot of midbass. I think the door portion would be great but maybe just a nice coaxial speaker in the rear.

clkal 06-05-2006 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ghostrider
JL is the only way to go... I went with a W6, downward firing, because I listen to more rap and hip hop. The CLK trunk is like a vault.

JL is the only way to go for SUBS only (W7 and W6V2's). the rest of their line is pretty mediocre to crappy.

In my last CLK430, I had a fosgate BD1500 running one single W7 in the stock JL eyeball box, with a phoenix gold 4 channel amp running MB Quart Q-Series 6.5" components front and back, and I hit 149.5 dbs at a local DB drag.... not bad for 1 woofer.

Ghostrider 06-06-2006 04:28 PM

JL is the only way to go for SUBS only (W7 and W6V2's). the rest of their line is pretty mediocre to crappy.

In my last CLK430, I had a fosgate BD1500 running one single W7 in the stock JL eyeball box, with a phoenix gold 4 channel amp running MB Quart Q-Series 6.5" components front and back, and I hit 149.5 dbs at a local DB drag.... not bad for 1 woofer.

Don't forget about the amps ;) . My last car I went with MB Quartz components just like yours for the interior, but I still love the old school Pioneers.

I am trying to figure out what to go with on my car now. I was thinking Boston Acoustics...

Ghostrider 06-06-2006 05:17 PM

here are some pictures of my rear speakers...... w/just popping off the grills

Did that Dynamat work to kill the rattles in the rear shelf...