CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Elderly Appreciation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK55 AMG, 2005 C240 4maitc
Elderly Appreciation

So i'm on my way over to my friend's appt. durring my lunch break and when I pull into the parking lot and get out some 80 something year old woman comes over to me and starts talking about the CLK and all the mods i had on it. The first words that came out of her mouth were " She sound's good" (refering to the car, for all you "lopsided individuals") She knew enough to know that it wasn't how it came from the factory and knew what AMG ment. We chatted for a bit about the changes i had made to it etc..., she complimented it, and we whent our serpreate ways.
It's just nice to have a conversation like that with an elderly person insted of them yelling at you saying SLOOOW DOWN ,or, TURN THAT RUCKUS DOWN, or DAMN YOU KIDS (regardless of who its was)
Old 07-25-2006, 04:16 PM

CLK 430 Coupe
Very cool story. When I used to have my C5 Corvette it seemed like I would receive compliments all the time and it seemed to be a conversation starter. With my CLK, not so much. I guess the floating rims and 3% tint isn't a big hit with the older generations
Old 07-25-2006, 10:54 PM
ON PROBATION

Connecticut back in the mid-90's: I pass a 70+ year old woman slowing down to pull into Lime Rock in her Porsche -- with her Bell helmet and racing gloves on....

I still think on that one....