CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

malfunction some thing about brake fluid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W215
malfunction some thing about brake fluid

Ok I know theres a million threads on brakes. I already searched this and a couple other forums but couldn't find anything.

Anyway, last night I changed the front rotors, pads and senors(took about an hour) the car was fine. I went for a 7 mile drive. Parked, came back 2.5 hours later and get brake fluid warning, visit workshop message with the little red brake light on which turned off on the freeway. When I got home, I shut off the car and restarted it no malfuntions what so ever, so I went for another quick drive. Still no malfunctions. This morning I leave for work and bang that brake fluid message appears again. What did I do wrong?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didnt see you mention anything about checking the brake fluid. DO you have any brake fluid left? Check the clear see through bottle on the drivers side underneath the hood near the fuse box. Unscrew the cap and pour brake fluid in there if its empty. A majority of the time you run out of brake fluid when you are low on brakes.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:40 PM

CLK/ML
Originally Posted by deuxslow
Ok I know theres a million threads on brakes. I already searched this and a couple other forums but couldn't find anything.

Anyway, last night I changed the front rotors, pads and senors(took about an hour) the car was fine. I went for a 7 mile drive. Parked, came back 2.5 hours later and get brake fluid warning, visit workshop message with the little red brake light on which turned off on the freeway. When I got home, I shut off the car and restarted it no malfuntions what so ever, so I went for another quick drive. Still no malfunctions. This morning I leave for work and bang that brake fluid message appears again. What did I do wrong?

Seņors, lol.

Taken from Greg210's writeup:

"Rotate the caliper so the highest point is the bleed screw (pointing up) and then barely crack it (this prevents you from pushing dirty fluid back up into the tiny passages of the ABS system and master cylinder)"

Don't know if that would make a difference.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:42 PM

W215
Oh right I did forget to mention that. When I got home last night I did check it and it was full. I was out most the day today and haven't had any problems or warnings popping up. I'll see how it acts up with in the next few days. Braking is still very strong, smooth and straight (hands off the wheel).