CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

please help, question with my 99 clk430 some minor problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 12:51 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please help, question with my 99 clk430 some minor problem

Hi everyone,

i have couple question with my 1999 clk430, first my wiper when i turn to level 1 it has the same speed as level 2, does anyone know why? even when it's dry with no rain..if is the rain sensor, where does it located?

second, does all your clk430 have alot of wind and interior noise? also why does my car feel alittle shaky when it's on parking?

Third question, when i purchase this car it has 1 touch buttom sunroof but all the sudden it don't work anymore, also before i can used the key to open and close the window and sunroof, now is not working.

fourth. what's the best spark plus and oil for my clk430? how much they cost? bosch platium ? mobil 1?

last question does a 1999 clk430 has the fuction of auto down and up window when you open or close the door like the bmw m3?

i love the look of my clk430 but it's not luxury, quite and comfortable as my old gs430..i really hope i can slove all this problem that i had.

thanks for reading all my question

Last edited by mycbr1000rr; 09-19-2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:07 AM
Almost a Member!

1999 CLK 430, 2006 SL 55, 2006 Range Rover Sport, 2006 F-150 Super Crew
I have a 99 as well and have experience some of these problems. I don't have a lot of interior noise though. I mean if i have the windows down the side mirrors whistle a little but with normal driving the only noises are the little squeaks of the drivers seat and arm rest. Though I have noticed a strange sound that almost sounds like a a/c register in a house, but havent traced it yet.

Mine never had a 1-touch sunroof, but I have had problems with it flaking out. It would only go back like an inch at a time. I just sat there and opened and closed it for 20 minutes and it started working again

We don't have the auto up and down on the windows like the M3 or my sl, just have to slam the doors or use the key, if you press and hold the unlock button the windows will go down. Likewise if you press and hold the lock button the will go back up.

don't know if this was much help, as for the other things I'm not sure, I always take it to the stealer for oil changes and I've never had to replace the spark plugs. As for the wipers, I always keep mine on level 1 or the intermittent setting. every once and a while the wiper will go off with no rain, but it is great when it actually starts to rain. For the sunroof try an ECU reset maybe?
Old 09-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Almost a Member!

i finally got the the minor problem slove, the interior noise was the power window screw was loose, the window won't open and close by the remote cause of the battery, i bought it to a mb shop, they fix it all , now is nice and quite, runs smooth...
Old 09-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Almost a Member!

problem slove
Old 09-23-2006, 04:25 AM

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupé
The rain sensor for the wipers is located underneath the windshield glass where the rearview mirror attaches. Looks a bit like a solar panel.

My car does not have this feature. From reading other posts, it sounds like the rain sensing wipers are no more than a mixed blessing since they tend to be out of synch with what you really need. I wish MB gave us a continuously variable knob so we could manually set just the right speed.