CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Shift rod adjustment...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2006 | 12:17 PM

'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
Shift rod adjustment...

Need some knowledge...

Ok, so I had the tranny / oil pan replaced a few weeks back after my DUKES OF HAZARD stunt in downtown ATL. When they were in there they noticed the shifter bushings were GONE and so they replaced. All motor mounts replaced as well.

The moment I got the car back I noticed the shift gate was a bit off (specif. in the tiptronic shift). I also was getting an "Check engine oil Level" warning. So I made the call, took her back in and this is where I stand now;

"Check engine oil Level" warning:
Checked all seals, etc....no leaking but was quart low.
- Dealer put in a qt. / shouldnt this have been checked when they replaced my oil / tranny pan? IT WAS CLEARLY LEAKING BEFORE>>>HENSE THE REPLACEMENT. SOUNDS LIKE THEY REPLACED THE PAN BUT NOT THE FLUIDS THAT WERE LOST DUE TO THE DAMAGE? DUHHHH?!

Shifter / tiptronic:
Dealer says the shift rod was off a little bit and has been adjusted. He also assured me this repair had nothing to do with prior service re: tranny pan so I'll be charged for the adjustment?!

So I'm thinking to myself, of course not...the rod being out of wack had to do with the replacement of the shifter bushings.....makes perfect sense right? Why should I pay...seems to me I paid once already to have the car fixed properly and it wasnt.

If im right or wrong here...please let me know.

Thanks for the knowledge.
Old 12-13-2006 | 12:41 PM

'03 E55 (My Daily), '01 ML 320 (Wifey), Twin Turbo '69 Camaro (In Progess)
Sounds to me like thats the case. If they already installed the shifter bushings, then they had moved the shifter rods to do so and they would be liable to correct whatever problems they caused as a result. Don't let 'em charge you for this! As for the oil, sounds like their mechanics drank a sixer of dumb@$$ before coming to work.
Old 12-14-2006 | 12:36 PM

2014 E550 Convertible
Why not post this dealer's name so the rest of us can try to avoid them.
Old 12-14-2006 | 04:00 PM

'00 CLK430 & '08 Lexus RX 350
The Dealership....

Is a huge one in No Atlanta (Atlanta Classic Cars).

Their customer/car service is friendly overall and good face to face. I have no doubt I will not be charged when I point out their oversight.....fact remains however the car was returned to me with the job half done and FILTHY on top of that.

They left oil, handprints & crap all over stering wheel, leather, exterior paint, and it wasn't the first time.

I am just tired of having to pry the leaches from my neck everytime I take her in....it seems its always something.

Why cant they just get it done right the first time?!

If I blew it like this at work....no question...I'd be looking for another job!

Originally Posted by software
Why not post this dealer's name so the rest of us can try to avoid them.
Old 12-14-2006 | 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
There are a few independents I could recommend....PM me if interested.