CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Come-on guys....i don't hate Ben, i just disagreed with what he said........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 01:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Steph

3. Sleestack's car I have no doubts will break into the 12's...there is not much else that he can do to eek out more performance...hmmm.....perhaps the same thing to a 55 engine. (guessing)

5. I remember Sleestack mentioning that he was interested in twin turbo charging a Modena......would love to see that.

6. Finally....Sleestack, if you are going to create such a monster with your CLK.....clearly your current differential is too high. Please consider donating it to a poor soul who live at 5800'...(hint)
3. You are getting warmer.

5. I looked into the Modena, but the kits out there have issues... I think I'm going to wait on a Ferrari until I hit my 40's (I'm 32 now) b/c I want to appear somewhat modest to my friends and family.

6. Yes, my current differential is too high and will be available for a very reasobale price.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:09 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 KLEEMANN K55S6
Thumbs up

EXACTLY!.....WELL SAID MAN!

Folks, I have actually driven Ben's car. How many here can say that? Let me tell ya, I have a VERY low mileage 2001 CLK55 and I though it was a rocket until I drove Ben's.

Ben's car felt like I was in warp drive! Ben and I got side by side on the VERY long road in front of EVOSPORT one evening. With no traffic, my 55 beat him off the line and for about a few brief moments, I was a full car length ahead of him (most likely due to the difference in our stock gering ratios). Then, that was all she wrote............Ben blasted past me and all I heard was his throaty dual exhaust. He was at least three car lengths ahead of me and we were in triple digits!

O.K., I fully realize that 99% of the Forum's readers are not advanced or skilled racers, but fast is fast. We need to step away from the hating and the bashing. Whether you go for KLEEMAN, BRABUS, HRS or whatever, there are many options and elements of physics that have to be taken into consideration...........tires, gearing, road surface, etc. to name a few.

Sure Ben is a salesman, but I can tell ya from personal experience, he is honest. He'll be the first to tell you that KLEEMAN is not the only game in town and may not be the best for everyone. But, he prefers it and knows his stuff.

Let's get back to the JOY of this car..........OK?

Can we all just get along?? :-)

Thanks for reading.
Old 09-24-2002, 03:38 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I guess i'll send my car back to AMG and have them stuff a V8 kompressor in it.
Old 09-25-2002, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 mercedes clk coupe
Originally posted by clky1
EXACTLY!.....WELL SAID MAN!

Folks, I have actually driven Ben's car. How many here can say that? Let me tell ya, I have a VERY low mileage 2001 CLK55 and I though it was a rocket until I drove Ben's.

Ben's car felt like I was in warp drive! Ben and I got side by side on the VERY long road in front of EVOSPORT one evening. With no traffic, my 55 beat him off the line and for about a few brief moments, I was a full car length ahead of him (most likely due to the difference in our stock gering ratios). Then, that was all she wrote............Ben blasted past me and all I heard was his throaty dual exhaust. He was at least three car lengths ahead of me and we were in triple digits!

O.K., I fully realize that 99% of the Forum's readers are not advanced or skilled racers, but fast is fast. We need to step away from the hating and the bashing. Whether you go for KLEEMAN, BRABUS, HRS or whatever, there are many options and elements of physics that have to be taken into consideration...........tires, gearing, road surface, etc. to name a few.

Sure Ben is a salesman, but I can tell ya from personal experience, he is honest. He'll be the first to tell you that KLEEMAN is not the only game in town and may not be the best for everyone. But, he prefers it and knows his stuff.

Let's get back to the JOY of this car..........OK?

Can we all just get along?? :-)

Thanks for reading.

WELL SAID

I MEET UP WITH BEN FEW MONTH AGO HIS CLK IS SUPER FAST

MY CLK 320 FELT LIKE A 2 CYLINDER CIVIC COMPARE TO HIS CAR

OH YES BEN DOES KNOW HIS STUFF WHEN IT COMES TO THE CAR AND YES HE DOES PREFER KLEEMAN AND I CAN SEE WHY
Old 09-26-2002, 04:37 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
It feels fast because of a lot of torque. when i compare my car against my brother's friend's CLK55. Mine is faster, but when i sit in his car, his car feels faster because of the torque produced by the engine is just amazing. almost 40 lbs more than my car.