CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

OK, there is like 5 different aftermarket grills for the CLK........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:32 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 c240
OK, there is like 5 different aftermarket grills for the CLK........

The one I have looked at the most is the one that looks like the stock grill, but has the Mercedes symbol. NOT the one that has the larger slats, neither in black, nor silver.

The one that is chrome and looks like they took a stock grill and stuck a symbol in it. http://formymercedes.com/images/208-5062.jpg <-- that one. It is the one available on www.formymercedes.com.

Looking at my car, don't you think that one would be the best choice?

I like my cars to look like they were built OEM, but be modified in some way. I'll include a few pics of other cars I have owned to show you how I like to mod my cars. I think that'll give you an idea of what I am talking about.

My IS300 has over 20 exterior mods, but looked like it came from the factory that way. Everything flowed very well.

Damn near every body panel on my SC400 has been modified. It's a first gen SC, but looks like a 3rd gen. Some tasteful wheels finish it off.

My Porsche Turbo has extensive mods including cup wheels, spacers, Koni yellow suspension, and other attributes, yet I managed to keep it clean.

Finally my BMW which I spent entirely too much money on, still flowed together very well when I was done. I tinted the windows 15% the day after this picture.

OK, so now that you have an idea of the way I like my cars, don't you think I'd like to use the factory style grill with the symbol in it rather than the slotted, painted, or black grills available for the CLK?

I'm putting my plans together to finish this car over the next month or so, therefore I have to start making these decisions.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
Personally, for a clean taste, I really just like the stock grill/e with a flat hood badge instead of the star. I dunno how much I like the grill with the big star emblem inside it. I think the car looks cleanest with the factory grill.

IMO, if u do like the big star, the Schatz grill you've linked would be nice if it had silver around the outside and not chrome...IE silver thick outside and chrome thin stripes and star.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 c240
Hmmmm I may have to photoshop that. Honestly I do not want to leave myself with no visible emblem at all. I do like the star. I also think the grill updates the car's look a bit. (my main reason)
Old 02-20-2007, 07:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 R230 SL55 / 94 W124 E500
Check this thread out:
https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class-w208/97869-grills-grills-grills-grill-take-look.html
Old 02-20-2007, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sell me your stock grill when you take it off