CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

MHI Cradle with Razr V3i -- Voice Tags and other expected features.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK350 E320
MHI Cradle with Razr V3i -- Voice Tags and other expected features.

Just recently installed the MHI cradle and bought a new V3i Motorola for a '07 CLK 350. The Phone Integration package was preinstalled at the dealer, but I bought the cradle online. Please note: I went to 3 dealers in the Bay Area, and no one could demonstrate the phone integration...I was very disappointed because I didn't know what features it supported.

Questions:
1. The phone has lots of contacts (90+). Am I forced to click up and down to find a contact? Is there no way to use voice tags on the Razr to make a call (no mention in the manual).

2. How the heck can I tell what phone number is being dialed. I use Outlook to synch my contacts. If someone has 3 phone numbers...their name shows up 3 times but you can't tell what the number is.

(I've been using the system on an Acura TL, which is voice activated, and shows the actual number after you program the phone. My Nokia Bluetooth kit leverages any built in voice tags in the Nokia phone. Both these systems are 2-4 years older than the MB system).

3. In the CLK 350, the MHI plug is in the center armrest. When I installed the kit (just plugs in), it's really tight between the 2nd drink holder and the cradle. Is this the standard install location, because it really takes dexterity to get that phone in. I'm pretty good at it, but my wife struggles. Seem like a terrible design.

4. Can you program speed dial from the COMAND console?

Anyone who has investigated this, I would appreciate the answers. Considering Phone Integration is a $1400 feature, then I have to but a $400 cradle...not to mention I went and bought a $250 phone....I would expect something a little more advanced. The COMAND mechanism is cumbersome at best while you're driving. Hard for me to believe that this +$2000 investment ends up giving me such a junky design. (I admit this is my first venture into motorola in a decade...I've been on Nokia for a long time).

Regards,

Jason

Last edited by JasonSMassey; 02-25-2007 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CLK55
You need to post this in the w209 forum.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Questions:
1. The phone has lots of contacts (90+). Am I forced to click up and down to find a contact? Is there no way to use voice tags on the Razr to make a call (no mention in the manual).

YOU CANNOT USE THE VOICE TAGS OF THE RAZR TO DIAL. YOU CAN ADD VOICE CONTROL SYSTEM IF YOU HAVE COMAND. IF YOU DON'T HAVE COMAND, YOU CANNOT ADD VCS.

2. How the heck can I tell what phone number is being dialed. I use Outlook to synch my contacts. If someone has 3 phone numbers...their name shows up 3 times but you can't tell what the number is.

THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT WORKS.

3. In the CLK 350, the MHI plug is in the center armrest. When I installed the kit (just plugs in), it's really tight between the 2nd drink holder and the cradle. Is this the standard install location, because it really takes dexterity to get that phone in. I'm pretty good at it, but my wife struggles. Seem like a terrible design.

THAT IS THE FACTORY LOCATION

4. Can you program speed dial from the COMAND console?

NO IT CANNOT BE DONE