CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need help - custom shift knob and Sirius setup??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help - custom shift knob and Sirius setup??

I stumbled into the most gorgeous 2003 pewter/black CLK430 about a month ago (not sure what I did to deserve this, but I am not looking back!), and am looking to pump it up a bit with Sirius satellite service and a cool custom shift knob. I talked to the Circuit City guys about installation, and there just don't seem to be any good options to do so without ruining the look of the car/dash...Any thoughts out there? I live in the East Bay near SF - the FM reception is terrible due to the hills! Am I doomed to CD's on repeat?

Also, looking to purchase a cool shift knob, but not sure where to find the best aftermarket stuff...Please forgive my clearly novice questions - I stumbled upon this site and am hoping that you guys will throw me a bone!

Thanks!

Karla
Old 02-27-2007, 12:25 AM

2002 CLK 430
karla goto radioshack and ask them for a 1/8 aux plug. plug one end into your sirius, then other goes in the plug inside your glovebox. its on the right side. then on your navigation , select setup then select aux, and it should sound perfect. dont even have to use the fm. best buy installs it for like 80 bucks here in az. hope that helps
Old 02-27-2007, 12:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Current: AMG GT-C. Sold: 01 CLK55, 00 ML55, 01 ML55, 06 E55
I bought the Sirius Starmate Replay and cut the little rubber cubby underneath the radio so that it would fit in snugly. It worked out quite well. The magnetic antenna sits on the truck at the rear window (centered) and the line runs through the trunk lining and under the mats inside the car and pulls through like the rest of the radio wires. There is a 12V supply hooked to the battery coming in from where a cell phone charger was previously (you could easily wire from the cigarette lighter and have no visible wires). It's not perfect, but everyone thinks it looks great and clean. Nobody knows I jigsawed the rubber piece to make it fit. I'll try to get you a picture soon...my car's in the shop for wheels now.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 AM

Thanks!

Thank you both so much for the feedback! I looked at two models, and considered if the one that was smaller would fit into that cubby...Thought not, but I could be wrong. Both great ideas I am going to look into - and a pic would be great once your car is back!

Thanks again for your replies! I love my first Benz, and asked my fiance if he'd go with me to the event coming up in Milpitas, CA - he was not as excited...Some people just don't get it - although he DOES love the power of the 430, and thinks it is probably too much for me! Hah!

Karla