CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

H&R plus Bilstein Sport

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 S55 AMG
H&R plus Bilstein Sport

Guys & gals...i want to install the h&r springs with the bilstein sport shocks in my car. I won't change the spring pads though...i'll leave them stock...

1. Will it lower my car a little? I have 18" Monoblocks and I just don't like that gap between the fenders and the tires

2. I know I will need to do an alignment but do I also need to adjust the cambers? I have a little rubbing issue in the rear part of the car when it's all bottomed out. Do you think this might be a problem after the suspension work? Don't know why cause I'm running 265's in the rear. Maybe it's my tires...nexen n3000...best bang for the buck! haha...

Any feedback is greatly appreciated as always...

PS...Who's going to the meet in Milpitas,Ca this friday? Curious as to how many clk owners will be there..
Old 03-01-2007, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK430 Cab; 2008 GL550
Hey Rocko, If you want a more agressive look, you need to switch out your spring pads. If your rubbing now, without it even being lowered, you will most likely have problems after the car is lowered. Most guys get a camber kit when installing their suspension. I skipped that when I got my car lower. I'm hoping to put a camber kit in soon. And re the meet, I was going to go but my car is in the shop.