CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Conv top and trunk probs 01 CLK320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Conv top and trunk probs 01 CLK320

hello everyone,

I need some help. Lost and don't know where to go with it. Cust comes in. Says that the trunk will not open unless he opens the top and then closes it again. After closing it the trunk switch and remote will work. After some time ( have not figured out how long, but onece it worked It worked fine 25 times in a row. Didn't drive it just sat and then didn't work again. ) it will not pop the trunk by remote or by the switch in the car.

The new problem. The top now will not open now. The trunk and covt. top will not open and when I am holding the button to open the top it just blinks.

We pulled the trunk latch, all seems fine. no broken hoses or wire. all clips pluged in.

When the trunk work it work fine ( as in it pops up ) when it doesn't I have to use the key.

So tell me what ya think. What to look at, and all that good stuff.

Thank you in advance.
Bill
Old 02-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CLK 430 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by Highend repair
hello everyone,

I need some help. Lost and don't know where to go with it. Cust comes in. Says that the trunk will not open unless he opens the top and then closes it again. After closing it the trunk switch and remote will work. After some time ( have not figured out how long, but onece it worked It worked fine 25 times in a row. Didn't drive it just sat and then didn't work again. ) it will not pop the trunk by remote or by the switch in the car.

The new problem. The top now will not open now. The trunk and covt. top will not open and when I am holding the button to open the top it just blinks.

We pulled the trunk latch, all seems fine. no broken hoses or wire. all clips pluged in.

When the trunk work it work fine ( as in it pops up ) when it doesn't I have to use the key.

Thank you in advance.
Bill
Sensor in the trunk lock is defective. It will also prevent the top from working.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 192 Likes on 172 Posts
2001 CLK320 Cabrio
Originally Posted by Highend repair
hello everyone,

Thank you in advance.
Bill
Try this....it's very simple and might solve the problem.

There is a plasic panel to enclose the area that the roof folds into.

Make sure it's in the up position (it has an electrical inter-lock to prevent the roof from folding).

If it's already in the up position, open and close it to make sure the inter-lock is being set.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:53 PM

Received 70 Likes on 57 Posts
R230
This sounds like a trunk lock problem. Problem eminates from trunk means a poor electrical connection usually starting with the lock. Others have had similar trouble involving the lock.