CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

My solution For Battery Drain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk320
My solution For Battery Drain

I dont know what the hell drains my battery but If I leave the car sitting for two or three days I have to jump it. I changed the battery twice and its only 3 months old. The only after market electronic device that I have installed is a windows portable media center that is hardwired and installed into the dash. I know that that is not the culprit because it happened way before the install. I just ordered a Vehicle Battery 1.8-Watt Solar Charger. to remedy the problem because it is sooo annoying and I cannot find the cause. Has anyone had experiences with these? Its only 20 bucks which leads me to wonder if it works. I plan on connecting it to the battery and running the panel up trough the headliner and onto the slide that covers the moon roof to maintain it.
Attached Images  
Old 03-27-2007, 01:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
2007 SL55
I had this same problem...even a day of not starting it with the same problem...i couldnt even leave my radio on without starting the car...i just waited it out..lol...i think it might have been the asr/bas lights tht kept triggering..fixed those and it was ok..i got aftermarket stereo thought tht was it but it turned out it wasnt...also my trunk light would always stay on because the little sensor tht acts as a spring wouldnt go all the way through so when i hit the lock the lights wouldnt flash...i just put a piece of tape over it and everything works fine...do u have the asr/bas malfunctions?
Old 03-27-2007, 02:03 AM

Clk320
No asr/bas problems but I did have the trunk problem for a while but I fixed it. I even leave one of the rear seats unlocked so I can fold it down to check every once and a while to make sure the light isnt on. Its a crazy mystery to me.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:34 AM
RDD

03 M3 coupe 6MT, 05 A6 (wife + kid's)
Just get a draw test done. They found out that the phone cradle in my car was draining the battery so I don't keep the phone in the cradle anymore (I don't use it anyways). Also my aftermarket amp was drawing current so I had that rewired properly. Finally they told me that COMAND draws a little current but I think that may be normal.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:01 AM

Clk320
I assume that only the dealer can do a draw test? Thanks