CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

about underdrive pulleys....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HPF E46 M3 Turbo, LET C32 AMG
about underdrive pulleys....

does anyone have an under drive pulley setup on thier clk? i have access to a barely used evosport ud setup. what exactly do they do? how hard of a job is it to get them on? what are thier avantages?
any input would be appreciated
Old 05-15-2007, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK320, Carrera S
Evosport underdrive pulleys
A nice upgrade, It took my mechanic 3 hours to do the install (cost $216). The pulleys are much lighter than the OEM parts, are well made and apart from the logo and size differences look like OEM parts. The water pump pulley is the same diameter as the OEM part but is considerably lighter; this is good since I did not want heat problems. The power steering pulley underdrives the power steering by about 11.6% and the alternator underdrives the alternator about 17.2%. I have not had any problems with battery drain using the heated seats so I would not expect any problems unless you have a high powered stereo, the steering feels the same. The pulleys do not produce a night and day difference but their effect is quite noticeable especially when pulling away and overtaking, they seem to give the car a nice get and go feeling, throttle response is better as well. Overall these are a nice upgrade and I would recommend them to anyone considering them.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
01 CLK 430
Originally Posted by Martin
Evosport underdrive pulleys
A nice upgrade, It took my mechanic 3 hours to do the install (cost $216). The pulleys are much lighter than the OEM parts, are well made and apart from the logo and size differences look like OEM parts. The water pump pulley is the same diameter as the OEM part but is considerably lighter; this is good since I did not want heat problems. The power steering pulley underdrives the power steering by about 11.6% and the alternator underdrives the alternator about 17.2%. I have not had any problems with battery drain using the heated seats so I would not expect any problems unless you have a high powered stereo, the steering feels the same. The pulleys do not produce a night and day difference but their effect is quite noticeable especially when pulling away and overtaking, they seem to give the car a nice get and go feeling, throttle response is better as well. Overall these are a nice upgrade and I would recommend them to anyone considering them.
Took the words right out of my mouth...