CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

CLK wont start at all

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2022, 12:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 mercade clk320
Won't start

I have a 1999 Mercedes CLK320 and when I turn the key it's like the car will crank over a little then cut off or it'll go to start then cut off.
I had just had a new key made too so what do ido
Old 09-01-2023, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes clk320
Starter motor

I had same problem. Car didn’t start. Lights on dash and everything looked good . No Malfunctions. I tried everything and had roadside assistance checking everything like battery , fuses , relays. . It was the starter motor that fixed my issue . I hope it helps someone who has same issue as me .

Originally Posted by c9679
Hi folks,

Can someone please help me. My car has been fine for the last few months and working great I finally got a list of problem sorted with it and have been happy with it at last, however today when I went to start the car, the dash lights up, there are a few whizz sounds from the engine and the back of the car a few clicks, the key turns but the car wont start at all the instrument cluster lights flicker and the car wont start, I was told by the mechanic that its a low battery and to try jumping it. The battery is pretty much new about 2 months old, I did try a jump start though and that still didnt work, I cant take it to the garage because I have no way to get it there and they wont come out... Is there anything else I could do, would this be an issue with the starter motor, and where exactly is the starter motor (sorry if its a really dumb question) its W208, CLK 230 K Automatic

Hope someone can help with any suggestions, cant get it out of the garage

Its also just in time for the Service A Due Now message to appear on the Cluster, it was a 100 miles away yesterday... Its only just come up with the message and the car wont even start now, lol

Have read a few threads about cleaning battery connectors and checking fuses, already tried all those...