CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Eisnemann Exhaust anyone install it on their own?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2002 | 02:52 PM

13 S550 4Matic
Eisnemann Exhaust anyone install it on their own?

Hello,
I was just wondering if anyone installed their exhaust or whether everyone has taken them to a shop to have it done. I know all you have to do is cut the exhaust tubing the basically bolt it all back up. If you did do it yourself what did you use to cut the stock exhaust tubing? Thanks for your time....

L8tr
Jeremy
Old 10-09-2002 | 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
whats up Jeremy. unless you have a way to raise the car up a couple feet, i wouldnt try doing it. assuming that you can find something to cut the pipe, getting the muffler into the two hangers is a bit of a task, and im sure it is quite hard while laying on your back under the car. I assume that your desire to do it yourself is because you like the feeling of doing the job yourself (i know the feeling ), but my install cost me $30 at Minieke(sp?), id say just let a mechanic do it, this way you can get the pipes to hang exactly where you want them and have them stick out exactly as far as you want. But as far as your question about cutting it, they used an electric saw to cut both of the mufflers i have had removed...good luck man, let me know if you end up doing it yourself. youre gonna fall in love with the sound...its mean...:p

Eric
Old 10-09-2002 | 04:14 PM

13 S550 4Matic
Hey man,
Yeah I've already had the rear exhaust section totally off before to uhh work on my cats.... hahaha but I probably will take it to meineke just for the simple ease of them doing it. I just was wondering how/if anyone had done it themselves. But we will see hahaha

L8tr
Jeremy
Old 10-09-2002 | 04:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by CiLKY
Hey man,
Yeah I've already had the rear exhaust section totally off before to uhh work on my cats.... hahaha but I probably will take it to meineke just for the simple ease of them doing it. I just was wondering how/if anyone had done it themselves. But we will see hahaha

L8tr
Jeremy
right.....working on your cats haha dont forget i already know the little secret you are hiding in there... . Intake, Eisenmann Race Exhaust, and "a little secret" , man i cant wait to get to Asheville and hear that baby purr..... . Let me know if you install that yourself and how it goes. Later man,

Eric
Old 10-10-2002 | 04:06 AM

CLK 430 Coupe + MGF + 1980 Camaro
take it to your local exhaust place...

it cost me $20 to get mine fitted..

i trimmed the bumper myself - just a file / sandpaper and a touch up stick.....