CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Aftermarket carpet or OEM if possible. 99 clk

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 CLK430
Aftermarket carpet or OEM if possible. 99 clk

Just a quick question about trying to replace the interior carpet of a 99 clk 430.

The owner i bought it from did some really messed up stuff to the car. Everything was bootleg and i got stuck with it. But anyway the entire carpet has been pulled out and replaced with speaker box carpet. I couldnt explain the horror, nor do i have pics as of now. But believe me it is bad.

So i was wondering if there is a company that sells the carpet as a kit or a whole or however. Just plain and simple i need a whole new interior.

Can anyone help!!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:08 AM

CLK 430
that sucks, but why did you buy it if it was messed up inside? Was it really cheap?

good luck anyhow
Old 07-13-2007, 10:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'03 E55 (My Daily), '01 ML 320 (Wifey), Twin Turbo '69 Camaro (In Progess)
I can't think of any vendors outside of the stealership that sell carpet. I'm not sure what the OEM cost is but I'm sure that it was cost prohibitive for the previous owner, hence the ghetto-fabulous installation of speaker box carpet. That has to look a bit odd! Best of luck and at least you can do the fix outside of the dealership once you get the carpet.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 Silver CLK430
I've seen several full sets of carpet (and seats) on Ebay for reasonable prices. Shipping will suck but it would be much better than the stealership unless you're going to keep the car for a LONG time. Good luck.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:09 PM

1999 CLK430
I dont know what the guy was thinking. Looks like he tried to do everything his self. The steroe was also a wreck, wires everywhere, aftermarket tweeters with wires hanging, there was overspray on certain interior parts that looked like he tried to spray before selling. There was a xm radio box glued to the dash, the seats were custom with the inserts being black suede which looked pretty good but very worn out.

I can go on and on. Now dont get me wrong i call it pretty with problems. It is a real head turner, the exterior is subtle but the white on white combo is wonderful. I got the car for 10k. 99 clk430, with 120k miles. My buddy is a mercedes mechanic and has brought the car up to specs. Redid the front end with bushings and drag-link, motor mounts/tranny mounts, wheel bearings front and rear, all new fluids through out.

I like the car and im gonna keep it. I plan on getting it back to almost new condition. So if i have to go through the dealership i will for the new carpet. Just know you guys are very sourceful at finding things. I might just take it to an upolstery place and tell them to do the entire car.

But thanks for the replies and thanks for looking. I will let you know of my progress.

Neal
Old 07-15-2007, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 151 Posts
99 E320
i've picked up carpets precut for older vehicles before through JC Whitney but
i dont see that as a viable option for the MBs. granted i was satisfied with
aftermarket carpets for truck and a toyota car, but for the MB, this will be
tricky to match quality construction.