CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Car completely locked up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CLK 55
Car completely locked up

I need help...

Well... I only drive my car on weekends... and today... I heard the alarm going off on my car... so i try to turn it off using the panic...and nothing works... no lock nor unlock button... so I open the drivers side door with the key...and put the key in the ignition and try to turn but it doesn't... after about 2 minutes of messing around, the alarm goes off. Now, the car won't start, won't lock... no lights... nothing at all...

I would like to disconnect the batter and reconnect it but>>> my key won't go into the trunk... I believe the lock has seized up... tried wd40...but???

I'm assuming that the alarm system locked the car up completely... any suggestions????????

car I drive is a '02 CLK 55
Old 08-16-2007, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 CLK430 (sold) 03 CL55
Man wuts up with this alarm issue already, one person has a problem with it then 4 more people follow up and have it too! ahhhh wtf is going on!!!

Anyways, I think there is a thread somewhere on here, sorry if I'm not helping but they tell you how to open your trunk without the key, takes a bit of work but you eventually can pop open the trunk.