CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Coming back to MB......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E280 W124 1995 24V
Coming back to MB......

One big bill too many, a couple of years ago, and in a weak moment I traded the old girl (E280 W124) in for (oh, the shame!) a Vau***ll Vec**a (sorry to swear). In truth, the Veccy's been both reliable and cheap to run. However, Mrs Doug has decreed that it's now time to change - and it must be a Mercedes Benz or nothing......
Had a look at a really nice C Class 2.2 CDi at my local dealer (and struck a deal). Later I picked up the wife from her shopping trip and took her to show her what I was about to sign for.
"Very nice", she said, "but why not treat yourself to that one....." pointing towards a cabrolet CLK, gleaming in the afternoon sun...
To cut a long story short - I have to do what I'm told, so we're off back tomorrow morning to buy this CLK230 which, whilst being the old model (up to 2002, I think), it was actually registered on an 03 plate.
I've been looking on the interweb for performance/economy/and other data, and drawn a blank. Hope someone here will help with data.
Am I doing the right thing? What are the snags and things to look-out for on this model (W208 I think).
Glad to be back on this forum.
Feeling better already.....
Doug