CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Dealer help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 e46
Dealer help

So i took the CLK in this past week for some work before my starkmark warranty is done. They are replacing the tension cables on the top cause they are saying they need to be. I took it in because a rubber seal on top cover i guess you would call it fell off, they say its not covered so i have to pay for it. The steering wheel buttons are completely trash due to heat i'm guessing they are so sticky you cant even touch them, dealer says its not under warranty either and would run about 400 dollars to replace.

Does anybody know if these two things should be under the starmark warranty and they are just trying to get me to pay for it?
Old 09-04-2007, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
Originally Posted by bluemoon07
So i took the CLK in this past week for some work before my starkmark warranty is done. They are replacing the tension cables on the top cause they are saying they need to be. I took it in because a rubber seal on top cover i guess you would call it fell off, they say its not covered so i have to pay for it. The steering wheel buttons are completely trash due to heat i'm guessing they are so sticky you cant even touch them, dealer says its not under warranty either and would run about 400 dollars to replace.

Does anybody know if these two things should be under the starmark warranty and they are just trying to get me to pay for it?

it really depends on your service advisor. If you are cool with him, he can authorize pretty much ANYTHING to be covered under warranty. I remember on my 430 at 48000 miles, I took it in, and my service advisor authorized about 10K in warranty repairs/replacements..... =)
Old 09-04-2007, 11:25 PM

2009 CLS550, 2005 E320 Estate 2017 GLC43C4
the coating on my steering wheel butions was sticky also I used brake cleaner, it cleaned them up . BUT don't be to aggressive with it or it will take the color off the buttons and leave the white plastic showing through. You might try fingernail polish remover wiping very lightly, till the sticky crap is gone.