CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Spare Rim Replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2007 | 04:30 PM

2002 CLK 430/2002 325i
Spare Rim Replacement

I am looking to replace my spare wheel with a rim that will clear my BBK, I just recently had a flat and was unable to change it out myself due to the fact that my spare wheel did not fit over my brake kit. Do any of you have any experiences and/or suggestions as to what size wheel I can utilize to replace my spare wheel. Keep in mind that the replacement wheel must clear my 13" brake kit and must also fit in my spare wheel compartment located in the trunk.

thanks in advance.
Old 09-17-2007 | 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

SL55, C63
Originally Posted by Benzoxtc
I am looking to replace my spare wheel with a rim that will clear my BBK, I just recently had a flat and was unable to change it out myself due to the fact that my spare wheel did not fit over my brake kit. Do any of you have any experiences and/or suggestions as to what size wheel I can utilize to replace my spare wheel. Keep in mind that the replacement wheel must clear my 13" brake kit and must also fit in my spare wheel compartment located in the trunk.

thanks in advance.
I keep a e63 front wheel/tire in my trunk as a spare for now......it's a tad bit large to fit in the spare tire well, but it's the only solution I can think of for now.

if you come up with any solutions, please let me know =)
Old 09-18-2007 | 12:58 PM

2002 CLK 430/2002 325i
Originally Posted by OPALW208
I keep a e63 front wheel/tire in my trunk as a spare for now......it's a tad bit large to fit in the spare tire well, but it's the only solution I can think of for now.

if you come up with any solutions, please let me know =)
Interesting, are there any fitment issues with the bolts due to the fact that it is from an e-class? I thought I read somewhere in this forum that the configuration of the bolts were different. When you say it is a bit larger, is it in diameter or width of the tire? Just thinking that perhaps the tire can be changed out to a more narrow tire or a tire with a different aspect ratio.