CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season Tires – A little Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK320, Carrera S
Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season Tires – A little Review

The last set of tires I ran on this car were Continental Extreme Contacts a nice tire for the price but these new F1 tires are a nice step up in performance.

Wet performance (it rained in Norcal last weekend ) is excellent, from a road feel point of view and under normal driving conditions you really could not tell it was raining.

Dry pavement, turn in is much faster than the Conti’s so responsiveness of the car to small amounts of steering input is much better, the car feels more stable in the corners with what seems to be quite high traction limits for an all season tire. I have not pushed them flat out on the corners but I have made them squeal, they loose traction slowly with plenty of warning. The car tends to under steer and with wider rears gentle throttle release keeps the car nice and stable in a fast wide radius turn. Overall I am very happy with these tires.

I am running AMG 17 inch 203 Wheels (thin spoke), a personal favorite I think these are some of the best original equipment AMG rims you can get for this car. They have a rounded muscular lightweight look that matches the W208 body well. I run a staggered set up 225/45-17 in front and 245/40-17 that I like for daily driving.