CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Center Console Help.. please!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2007 | 03:28 PM

CLK 320
Center Console Help.. please!!

i have been searching every where to find detailed directions on how to remove the center console (woodtrim to be specific and the ash tray area)... i did find couple but they werent that detailed and some were for an older model clk... i have an aftermarket headunit and it has aux in...im trying to have that cable come out of the ash tray area and then hook it up to my ipod... can someone please help me?????? many thanks!

p.s. its a 2003 clk
Old 06-04-2008 | 07:04 PM

CLK320
removing ashtray and trim around shifter

I added an aftermarket HU with XM and an aux port in the front. I was hoping to get the aux in back to hide all cables. My current setup has a small bit of mini-stereo showing plugged into the aux port.

Start by putting the car in neutral. Open the ashtray door. There's a ring around the shift knob that hides the gap between the P, N, markers and the trim. pry that up with your fingernails. You should be able to pry up the trim around the knob easily. Not too far because of the electrical connections.

there are two screws that hold the ashtray in place, remove those and slide the ashtray forward. Remember that it has electrical for your lighter.

The sunglass spot below the factory radio should pull out easily now. Just reverse to install.
Old 06-04-2008 | 11:47 PM

2000 Silver CLK430
Originally Posted by phidelt
i have been searching every where to find detailed directions on how to remove the center console (woodtrim to be specific and the ash tray area)... i did find couple but they werent that detailed and some were for an older model clk... i have an aftermarket headunit and it has aux in...im trying to have that cable come out of the ash tray area and then hook it up to my ipod... can someone please help me?????? many thanks!

p.s. its a 2003 clk
Which wood trim? Pics? Send me an email with specifics and I can send you the instructions for a W208. Do you have a W208 or W209?