CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

argh, still waiting for my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2007 | 08:52 PM

Happy owner of '98 CLK 320
argh, still waiting for my car

I was told today, I will get the car on the 22.nd of november.
If I am lucky, on the 21.st.
2 more weeks in public transportation hell

I allready feel like I have been waiting years for damn car, and my impatience has grown to enormous proportions. Allthough, in thruth, I think I have "only" been waiting for a month now.

Ah... needed to vent some frustrations, bear with me please.
Old 11-10-2007 | 11:29 AM

CLK430
why man, what happened, where's your car?
Old 11-10-2007 | 02:13 PM

Happy owner of '98 CLK 320
I bought it, but havent gotten it delivered yet.

My old car was an old VW, which was in a really bad state at the end, and unfortunatly I repaired it to death (I work in IT, I am not a skilled mechanic).

One of the problems with the CLK, is that my insurance compagny demands that the car gets a GPS tracking system installed. Its a "high risk" car they say. I actually had to change insurance compagny to buy the car. My previous demanded that I also had my own garage to put it in.

Besides that, there was a stone nick in the front window that needed repairing. The front and back needed repainting, cause the old woman that had the car before me, had hit som bushes in her driveway, scratching the car. She died without leaving the code for the radio, so I needed a new one installed. As a luxury item, I wanted a Webasto engine/cabin heater installed too. The car has been standing still in a garage for more than 4 years, so every fluid in the car needs changing. The wheels needed alignmenta. And because of the crappy weather in this country, I also needed a good Dinitrol treatment, otherwise my car would quickly succumb to rust, as the goverment treat the roads here with salt during winter... so... many things needed to be done, but I am just sick and tired of waiting

ah... rant over