CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

First problem with new car found

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy owner of '98 CLK 320
Unhappy First problem with new car found

Yep, 3rd day of ownership, and my car is bugged.

Today I wen't down to take it for a ride, and the engine doesn't start.
I could hear a small tick when turning the ignition, but starter wasn't turning.

It seemed like it was missing power from the battery, so I had help, and we put on some starter cables. At first, there wasn't even a spark when we put the cables on. Tried with other cables, and there was a spark and we could start the engine on my car.

The cables in the car was not fastened very good on the positive pole of the battery. Can anyone tell me if this could be the cause of the drainage of the battery?

Tomorrow I will see if the battery is drained again, if so, I am having some malfunction, and I suspect it will be located in the engine compartment.
Yesterday I thought I heard a "pop"/"bang" from the engine compartment, and I am just afraid that some wires or the engine/cabin-heater has blown something (perhaps because of the dinetrol treatment it was given this week)
I just really really hope that is not the case.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy owner of '98 CLK 320
Car started on the first try today.
Tomorrow I will try to use the engine heater and see if that causes a problem.

does anyone know if a webasto engine/cabin heater could be installed in such a way that it would drain your battery, or if it even is the default way it works?