CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Good Price? Just came across this...00 clk 320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 11:56 PM
eee
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Good Price? Just came across this...00 clk 320

Link:
http://home.attbi.com/~ebayer10

Last edited by eee; 11-11-2002 at 01:05 AM.
Old 11-11-2002, 05:09 PM
ktm

I wouldn't call this a "good price", although the car SEEMS to have been maintained well. The guy certainly spent a good deal of effort on the website. For the same price or a few K more, you could probably get the same car with significantly less mileage. He used the standard "retail" numbers for comparison. With the abundance of used cars out there - escpecially CLKs, I wouldn't give much credence to the retail number.

A "good price" would be well below the retail number.

This wouldn't be your car would it?
Old 11-11-2002, 08:43 PM
eee
Almost a Member!

thanks

thanks for the reply....the only one I might add. I will keep this in mind, another guy on the other clk forum said he had a 99 clk 430 for 38xxx, i think I will inquire on that one also. You said this person is using retail appraisals, should I expect to buy one for near or at wholesale? I looked on local ads and autotrader online and didn't find many '00 320's let alone black opal color, which I like. Any suggestions where I might shop? Oh, and no, this wouldn't be my car...just yet.

Last edited by eee; 11-11-2002 at 08:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2002, 06:47 AM
ktm

I would look for a price between wholesale and retail (per NADA and others) for a car with avg miles - between 10 - 12 K per annum. IMO, a "good price" for this car would be what he's asking if the car had 20K miles on it.

Obviously, a dealer is going to rip you off. I think there are some good deals out there from truly motivated sellers with meticulously maintained vehicles, but a lot depends on how patient/anxious you are to obtain one.

Good Luck.

PS. You noted that no one else had responded. Unfortunately, the posting here has turned mostly to mods rather than helping out the average owner. Had you posted pictures of a vehicle lowered to .3 inches of clearance with 25 inch wheels and a closer resemblence to a vacuum cleaner, you would have received pages of responses.

Last edited by ktm; 11-12-2002 at 08:20 AM.
Old 11-13-2002, 03:40 PM

I had a 98 CLK coupe that I sold myself last year. It was in pristine condition with only 20K on it. Here is what I learned.

1. Dealers have lots of used coupes available. Only used cabs are hot.
2. The dealers like to charge only a couple of thousand less than a new car. As a result, the cars stay on their lots for a long time.

You should check the used car inventory on the MBUSA site to see what prices the dealers are asking for the car you want. Anything sold privately should come in a few thousand below that. Somewhere in between the 'wholesale' price and what dealers are charging. If you want a used 320 coupe, you should have lots of wiggle room. They're just not in demand.