CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Tinting questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML500
Tinting questions

Will probably get my car tinted this Saturday....

I saw someone on this forum with his CLK tinted 35%. I thought it looked perfect. But I have one concern though. There are scratches on my window that's been there since the first day I bought my car. I guess everytime the window goes up or down, it scratches it. The same marks on the same spots. Just wondering if I get my car tinted if there will be the scratch marks onto the tinted window as well.

I know alot of you out there has had their car tinted. Any similar problems with your windows?

Thanx...
Old 01-08-2002, 02:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok, first off, if you're windows are scratched vertically (window moldings) you should have them replaced by the dealers. If you wait to get your tint, the abrasive compound of the moldings will also scratch your tint. Only then, the dealer will say that tint is not covered under warranty, and you'll end up having to pay for new tint, and possibly the windows. Have the dealer replace the windows, then get an aftermarket felt molding installed (apprx $70). After that, go ahead and get your tint.