CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Aftermarket Headunit Question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 bmw 650ci / 2007 Infiniti g35x / 2001 clk430 conv
Originally Posted by wstasw@aol.com
Yes, but I need no shop, I need to know which CAN BUS adapter they using, if PAC then which model? Do you have yours buttons working with aftermarket (not an ALPINE)? Thanks for tel # anyway, I'll see what the say.
i got both i got alpine voice command package
and pac but i dont know the # of the pac they used i jsut took my car there and told them what i wanted it but you can call them and ask them for sure
Old 01-10-2008, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 ML430
Originally Posted by louieginzo
well if you want take it to m-benz if its still covered
if not then buy a new radio see what happenz
The radio is OK. It's the CD changer in the back. The 'eject' button for the magazine is dark and it does not work. When selecting CD from the head unit it sows no CD's (which is correct).

In fact, I *KNOW* that I ejected the magazine that was in there before I test drove the car.... so.. no idea what changed to make the head unit stop working. Fuse makes the most sense to me but dangit if I can find a blown or missing fuse...
Old 07-04-2008, 03:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 55 ///AMG Cabrio, ML63 ///AMG
So, for a 2002 CLK 55 are these the parts that are needed:

I'm still confused as to which wiring harness to use. Can someone tell me which one? Does the Factory Bose Amp have to be bypassed (meaning harness #2 below)? I'm looking for the least amount of work/re-wiring as possible. Also which two wires on the harness needs to be modified and modified as in ???

Help.

"Amp Integration plug - Mercedes C230 C240 C320*Fits models w/Factory amp. Does Not work if you are planing to remove the factory amp and not use it."

"If you are installing an aftermarket radio in your car you need this harness."

Mercedes C230 C240 C320 Radio Mounting Install Dash Kit (no clk listed, cut out middle plastic piece):

Import to Domestic Antenna Adapter: