CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

W208 rollbar stuck in up position - with error light on rocker switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 07:37 AM
nmk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W164 ML 320
W208 rollbar stuck in up position - with error light on rocker switch

Is it possible to reset the clk cab roll bar on the W208 without going to a dealer?

I think its a computer problem: there is a continuous light on the rollbar switch at startup, which I understand means that the roof control unit believes something is in an error state.

I've taken the rear seats out, but cannot see anything mechanical to press in order to release the rollbar to allow it to go down - the whole thing seems to be solenoid and hydraulic controlled, with no access to the bloke with screwdriver like myself...

Does anyone know if its possible to reset the rollbar control mechanism without going to the dealer? I tried unplugging (and recharging) the battery, but that didnt work.

Dealer wants £58 just to run the electrical tests on it, but more importantly there are no dealers near me anymore as Mercedes in their wisdom have closed them all down.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Nathan