CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Need advice - Rear shelf speaker issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430
Need advice - Rear shelf speaker issues

Hi All, I'm new to this forum. I have been quite happy with my CLK 430 Bose sound system, but recently got disappointed after I got my car back after getting it detailed. Now I feel like the sound comes only from the front, no more surround (rear speakers in trunk seem very weak) . I fade the speakers to rear and almost no punch..

I'm wondering, is it possible the detail guys swapped out my rears peakers? Is it that easy to pull them out? Or could it be a technical issue? I never paid attention to the speakers in trunk so I don't know how to tell if they are original. Any help will be appreciated or if anyone has any pics of what they should be. Thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
I can almost guarantee you that they did not swap the speakers put because they are not that easy to get to. They would have to take out your rear seats and then take the rear cover off and well..I dont see that???

It is a technical issue..happened to me months ago and then it just fixed itself after a week.