CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Climate Control Malfunction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2008 | 02:32 AM

06 S55 AMG
Climate Control Malfunction

Hey Guys & Gals...need a little help here....just recently my car's climate control started acting up. It used to work just fine until one night it just stopped working...There's no info displayed on the control panel itself, not even the words "Off". I pulled out the whole unit to see if there are any loose connections and to my dismay, there's none.

1. Do I need to buy a new control unit?
-I was able to spray all the connections with a quick dry contact cleaner and that seemed to help for a little bit until the whole process repeats again.

2. If I do need to get a new control unit, where can I get one that will not cost me an arm and a leg?
-Dealership wants $1,001 for it plus install...List price was $850.

I appreciate all your responses in advace...

Thank you
Old 02-02-2008 | 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
I bought mine on Ebay for 150 bucks...The only thing wrong with my original was the middle bottom button had a missing tab on the button itself and therefore did not look that great. But if you still have your original I could sell you mine for 50 bucks and you could just swap out buttons and you will be perfect!!

I just changed it out so its still in the car. You will soon find out that the buttons itself are near impossible to buy alone. They make you buy the whole unit.

let me know and I can get it shipped to you quick.

Greg
Old 02-02-2008 | 05:57 PM

06 S55 AMG
hey thanks man! how can i buy this from you? the only thing thats missing is the button that controls the fan right(the button that increases the speed of the fan).

anyway, let me know ok? unfortunately i live all the way in northern california. but i'd really like to purchase this.

thanks in advance!
Old 02-03-2008 | 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
I live in Killeen, Tx so it should only be a day or two to get there. But yeah thats the only button that is broken. Its still there just has one of the tabs broken on the button itself. The tab on the control module is perfect though. PM me and we can work out the details.

Greg