CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Driver Seat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk320
Driver Seat

Here is a new problem that I'am having. I got a 01 clk about 95k miles, the bottom cushion seems to be loose. What I mean by that is that almost everytime I take off from a dead stop I feel the cushion move. Yesterday I took a more close look at it, the rear of the cushion has a lot of play up and down (put my hand underneath it and pushed it up) I'm not sure if this normal but the passenger side doesn't have the same amount of play.
Any ideas suggestions.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2008, 11:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK430, SC430, RX330
I've had the exact same problem. Have you ever had your seat worked on or removed?

I noticed it ever since I had my power seat worked on when it got stuck. I think the indy shop didn't put it together right. I haven't gotten around to checking things out, but mine has quite a bit of play that I'm sure it didn't have before. It also squeeks constantly as I drive.

Anyone want to chime in on how much movement your driver seat has and is there an easy fix. The bottom portion (what you sit on) seems to move up and down way to easy as if it is lacking a support.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 clk320
I'm the second owner of the car and I haven't had any work on the seat whatsoever, I bought the car w/ 20k miles so I dought the previous owner had any work done on the seat as I have seen all the worked done by the previous dealer. The bottom cushion only recently started to move and of course it squeaks. I feel as something let go, wating for the warm weather to do a more in depth check.