CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

H6W Change to something else like H1, H3, etc, Possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 CLK500
H6W Change to something else like H1, H3, etc, Possible?

SKIP TO * IF YOU ONLY WANT TO HERE ABOUT H6W AND NOTHING ABOUT MY NEW CAR
This is my first post. Last week I bought a 2002 CLK 430 with 57,000 miles. it has every option except navigation and dual contour seats. Silver Exterior, Black Leather.

So far I have upgraded the D2Rs with 8000k (because it is the color I want---don't give me grief it you don't like it or tell me about how it puts out less light), Upgraded the H1 Fogs with 8000k bulbs, the highbeams with the same, clear sidemarkers, 19 led white backup bulbs, 6 led festoon bulbs for all the interior lamps and inside trunk (so they are white not yellow-and bright)
I just changed my grille today with a CL style grille (or I guess they also would call it a 03 or later CLK grill).

So the last bulb on the list is this STUPID H6W. I have done a lot of research and I know all about you guys problem with the bulb out message, and the different types of bulbs, 64132, 433(c), BA9X, Bax9, and of course H6W. I pulled the bulb out today and turned the car on but didn't get any error message. does this mean I won't ever get one?

Question 2.
I want to match 8-10K Kevin color, blueish purple, and I want them bright, with an H6W what is the best recommendation?

MOST Important QUESTION. Is there any way to put an H1, H3 or something similar in the housing. I don't mind doing some dremel work, or minor elecrical work? I would love to just be able to buy the same matching bulbs that I did with my fog and high beam so I know they will match. PLUS that would be so bright.?

Finally, Any general info about H6w or pics of yours turned on and where you got them would be great. Thanks
F1