CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Rain sensor acting up!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rain sensor acting up!

Well. ive checked the fuses, and cleaned the outside windshield part of the sensor with windex and im still having problems.

When the wiper is in the OFF position, it will still wipe once when i turn on the car, or when water hits the sensor..

Also when I touch or knock the actual black square moduel under the rearview miror the wiper goes ape **** wiping, while still in the off position...

Im wondering how i can take off this black box on the backside of the rear view mirror.. mabye I can clean the sensor or position it properly.

Also. how much would this sensor cost? would i simply change it myself or does the whole windshield need to be replaced?

Any tips or info would be great, thanks
Old 04-12-2008, 02:36 PM

2000 ML430
Mine is flaky as well. It does not run when the wipers are 'off' but it only running intermittent, intermittently. Almost every time while in INT setting it just runs at the low speed. Really annoying around here when it semi-rains about 350 days a year.

I did not know where the sensor was so I'll clean it and see if it helps.

The problem you have sort of sounds like a bad switch in the stalk or some munged wiring.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:43 PM

I was thining it needs a new signal stick as its a little loose, ive played with it a bit and its still acting up..

i have a feeling this is going to cost me 500$ or something crazy..

thanks