CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

this is my last mercedes im done....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 12:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 mercedes clk coupe
this is my last mercedes im done....

As many of you know, I been major Mercedes fan for a long time, but this is it i'm fed up with Mercedes.

My 2002 clk is not even one year old and I am having soo many problems with it. 2 month ago I took the car to auto stiengler for brakes.. I asked the guy to look into the ride it feel lil soft, so they ended up changing the shocks on the car as well.. My car felt very funny when I got it back from them. I was on PCH and all I know is that my car feels like it’s on a 3 wheel motion. Took the car back, and found out the sway bar bushing is missing. So they put a new one. Still my car feels like a low rider on switches, and out of alignment. I mean literally if were to push down on a fender the car would bounce.
Being fed up with stingler, I took my car to Keyes European in Sherman oaks. According to them, they changed my sway bar, shocks all around for a second time, and re align it. 2 days later my car is back bouncing again, and this time my on 60 mph on a freeway my wheels feel like that they are about to shake off, and no its not the tires and the wheel is balanced (soo unsafe, I though I was going to crush the car). Feels like my wheels are tilting from side to side and at times from passenger side feels dropped. If I make fast right turns it seems that it levels up. 2 days later my car is out of alignment again. Took the car back to keys, told them about the car shaking on 60 mph (note this doesn’t happen all the times, just very few times for about 45 seconds). Dealer drove my car is in good condition, and it’s a clk all clk drive soft and now they say they had to inspect my tires. My tires were in good condition, so they didn’t change anything. Only thing I see on a receipt was tied up few nuts and bold on the car and realignment. Now I got the car back, 5th day now and car feel seem same way, major motion on the road which gives me major head ache and car shaking on a freeway still occurs. I got so sick of and last weekend I called Mercedes Benz headquarters. They said they will have some one contacting me from to look at my car (supposedly factory rep). So i’m still waiting for the factory rep to contact me. I will let you know what will happen, but to be honest i’m soo disappointed in Mercedes, and I think this is going to my last Mercedes. NO MORE....
Going trough all this I don’t think I want the dawm car anymore...

For the clk lover, yeah it’s a nice car but on the same token it’s a POS....
Its AUDI, or infiniti for me from now on....

PS I am so heart broken
Old 12-04-2002, 02:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gary,

I thought if your dealers were incompetent, you were going to take it to my dealer? Give me a call tomorrow afternoon, I'll set you up with the right people! I have full confidence that they will take proper care of you.

-Ben
Old 12-04-2002, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
13 S550 4Matic
Yeah.. it sounds like the dealer is the problem and not the car. You said it "felt soft," so the dealer went into your suspension and really messed it up..... Oh well

Hopefully Ben will help you out.

L8tr
Jeremy
Old 12-04-2002, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I go to Fletcher Jones and Laguna Niguel for services, the salesman and service guys would come out and talk to me, very friendly people, and sometimes they ask me for rides. The salesman told the people there to wash my car on the side because he knows that they'll scrape my car. I get little problems fixed in a day, never had any major problems.

I'm sure if you can find the right dealership and service guy, you won't have to worry about anything. Good luck, stick with MB.

-Bruce
Old 12-04-2002, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Sorry to hear about your dilemma Sugulent. Did you put 20" wheels on the CLK?

I'm surprised that you seem to be happy with your ML, which has been getting an inordinate amount of complaints, starting with its Alabama assembly origin.