CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

light malfunction light and check oil overfilled

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 05:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 c55
light malfunction light and check oil overfilled

I have 44K miles on my 2000 CLK-430 and keep getting two malfunction errors come on. The first one is check light malfunction and I have confirmed that the front right foglight comes on and off? When I checked it I was looking for a loose connection but all is fine but when I put pressure against the light with my hand the light goes off then will come back on when I release? I assumed this was a loose connection but I did get under the car and all seems fine. I guess I will have to take it to the Benz dealer and get raped for about $400 or so.

Second my check oil light comes on now and again saying the oil level is over filled? My oil was changed 6 months ago and the oil level is fine? I think this one is a some sort of sensor in the oil pan where the replacement it big bucks?

Anyone else have these issues?
Old 04-20-2008, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
The outside connection might be fine but you need to open the fog light up and check the connections on the inside, your problem is in there.

As far as your OIL level goes it could be oil level sensor???

Greg