CLK-Class (W208) 1998-2002: CLK 200, CLK 230K, CLK 320, CLK 430 [Coupes & Cabriolets]

Anybody ever experience or hear of this before???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 200 Kompressor
Question Anybody ever experience or hear of this before???

New to the site but hope you can help. I've a 2001 clk 200 and there is a vibration coming from under my armrest in the centre console. It only happens when I drive around a right hand corner, but no matter what speed, 10 or 60mph, it does it. There is a new exhaust gone in and I had it checked for clearance so its not that, I asked a mechanic and he said he'd have to drop the exhaust and the heat shielding because it seems to be coming from behind there. Only problem is he cant do it for a couple of weeks and its bugging the hell out of me to find out what it is and if I'm damaging it by driving it. It sounds like the shaft is rubbing off something but I don't know what. ...
Old 08-27-2008, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk 200 Kompressor
Wink For future reference. Finally sorted...Wohoo...

Finally sorted, brought it back to the garage I bought it from about a month ago and they rang a merc garage. They said usually that one of the engine mountings may have softened up so new ones were ordered. Got them fitted yesterday and you guessed it, still there, so brought it back in and he put it back up on the lift.

Turns out that the back box of the exhaust was tilted slightly so when I turned a corner it would vibrate off the heat shielding.... Couldn't explain why it was vibrating down the middle of the tunnel around the armrest area but that was where the noise was coming from so everyone was looking in that area, never checked the back box...

Happy Days...
Old 08-27-2008, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2000 CLK430
Glad you found the problem, and thanks for sharing!! This is what everyone should be doing..Sharing their problems and solutions so we can all keep enjoying our 208's.

Greg